Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cnosyt

join:2013-02-14
San Jose, CA

1 edit

[Line Problem] Stuck on interleaved after switch to UVERSE

Unfortunately when my family went to upgrade their internet from standard DSL to UVerse DSL the line was switched to interleave. This has extremely negative side effects in terms of ping/latency. Is there anyway around this?

Line number should be under 408997, Pam or Vince. My name is Cody, I am their son.

[Mod Note: Personal information edited]

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7
All Uverse broadband is interleaved, both UVerse ADSL2+ and VDSL (including IPTV). Interleaving is standard with no exception. I suppose it helps extend the reach, improves the smoothness of streamed data, and reduces service calls that would be caused by excessive CRC errors.

You should edit your post to remove the phone number.
--
TCE Weather -- Mt. Rose Cam

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to cnosyt
cnosyt See Profile, welcome. For privacy purposes I have edited your post, since this is a public forum. If you would like to contact an AT&T tech, we do have a private forum here where you can post your information. The link for the forum is »AT&T Direct.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
reply to d_l
ADSL2+ U-Verse can be fastpath or interleave. VDSL2 U-Verse is always interleave though. xPON U-Verse has faster pings than fastpath (fiber is wonderful).

To the OP: Which modem do you have?

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7
said by ILpt4U:

ADSL2+ U-Verse can be fastpath ...

Really? I guess you never hear about it because no one complains about being on fastpath.
--
TCE Weather -- Mt. Rose Cam

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:13
Click for full size
said by d_l:

said by ILpt4U:

ADSL2+ U-Verse can be fastpath ...

Really? I guess you never hear about it because no one complains about being on fastpath.

I'm on fastpath...

/M

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
When I had IPDSLAM ADSL2+ U-Verse, my service was fastpath

I am now on FTTN VDSL2 U-Verse, and my service is interleave

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
How do you get on fastpath on ipdsl? Just wondering..

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Tech007:

How do you get on fastpath on ipdsl? Just wondering..

An able/intelligent Tier 2 agent should be able to change the profile from an interleave to fastpath, again if and only if IPDSLAM. Longer loops may not be eligible for the change