Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit
reply to trythisfirst

Re: Service transfer to brand new house - what will Comcast do?

said by trythisfirst :

Do a new install and you'll lose all recordings on your Dvr-s. A new install will require new equipment.

NOT true at all - at least within the same town/headend; just moved ALL my existing equipment to my new house & got set up with a brand NEW promo & NEW account #...

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19

1 edit
If you are moving within the same rate area, generally you can keep your equipment. Info from Comcast website. Otherwise it is a new install, Ex: with TWC, a customer moving from Queens to Hudson Valley cannot take that equipment. If you are moving from Philadelphia to another city in PA, you would be getting new equipment.

You always get a new account number because the number is associated with the billing address, also on the Comcast website. And a promo. My error - was thinking of another cable company where giving a promo when transferring was not allowed unless adding a service.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
said by NightOwl2:

If you are moving within the same rate area, generally you can keep your equipment. Info from Comcast website: »www.myhomeideas.com/ Otherwise it is a new install

Yes, thank you for clarifying my post; I edited mine to reflect this.

You always get a new account number because the number is associated with the billing address

Did not know this; I thought I got a new one, so that the CSR could start me over on a brand new promo...

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
I've had customers move to different apartments in the same building and still get a new account number. Per Comcast website, account number is tied to the billing address. It's the same with utility service, the account number changed when I moved across town.

I edited my first post to remove the link, which wasn't for Comcast, not sure how that got in there! (edit)

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dishrich
When you keep your equipment when you move they transfer the equipment (hence transfer). You will always get a new account number when you move no matter what you do. Like i said the account always stays with your house or apartment no matter what you do. You can tell how many people had service at your address by what the account number is. Lets say your account ends with -044 that would mean you are the fourth person to have cable at that house or apartment. If it ends with lets say 164 that would mean you are the 16th person to have cable at that address. I might add when comcast prints work orders for techs you will notice the last digit missinng so in that case its the last two.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to NightOwl2
Thats what im saying you move you get a new account number no matter what. Each apartment and each house is assigned a account number and never changes. The account never follows the sub. The only time a account gets changed is if for some reason comcast made the account unserviceable due to fraud or something like that. In that case when a legit sub moves in and proves they are not the old sub a new account is written so the new person can get serviced at all. A transfer in many cases saves the sub money as a transfer has less install fees and still allows the sub to get new subscriber promos.