how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rwings01

join:2008-06-04
Saint-Leonard, QC

FibeTV HD PVR

Will I get the VIP2262 HD PVR with my fibetv or do I need to request for that receiver when I call to switch to Fibe?

Thanks

Rigor_M

join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC
If I recall, that is the latest one.

When the tech came to do the install last june, he tried to install a big PVR.. curious, i looked at it and saw a IDE cable going to the hard drive.. I said to him "Wow that thing is old!" He told me that it wasen't the last model.. He asked a collegue if he had a latest in his truck and came buy to drop it off.. (the tech have to pass the old stuff to the clients first, then the new ones.)

As the price we pay for the service is pretty steep, we should get the latest...

Moral of the story is.. check your things and ask questions

Fernboy61

join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC
reply to rwings01
You'll get the latest. As far as I know they don't have the old one anymore.

rwings01

join:2008-06-04
Saint-Leonard, QC
Thanks for the replies, I will call back to make sure I get the VIP2262

kibosh

join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON
When I got Fibe installed in August they brought me 4 old boxes. The installer said that was all they had and there was a shortage of the new boxes. The installer said it would be no problem to swap to the newer boxes and told me to call in but I had to fight with the CSRs to get them to agree to the swap. I ended up having to speak to a superviser and they only agreed to exchange the PVR. I think the only reason they did was because I told them they promised me 150 hours of recordings and the vip1232 only does 100.

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to rwings01
said by rwings01:

Thanks for the replies, I will call back to make sure I get the VIP2262

that would be a waste of time.

The tech SHOULD be calling you ahead of time before he comes. When he calls, tell him to make sure he has a 2262 on his truck for the install. If he says he doesn't then tell him to get one or to send someone else who does.

Calling the business office ahead of time would be a waste of your time.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

kibosh

join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON
urbang33k I agree . . . the installer that came to my house only had a 1232. There was nothing he could do and all the other techs working out of his location had the same problem.

It came down to me installing anyway, or waiting for stock to come in. I didn't want to wait but on the other hand I didn't expect the hassels I went through for the swap. I had Rogers for years and they NEVER gave me a hassle when asking to swap boxes.

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC
reply to rwings01
Having had many technicians at my house in the last year here in St-Leonard and none of them gave me an old model so you should be fine.

Most of the technicians said that they ask specifically for new ones at the warehouse up to the point of having arguments. Like urbang33k ask him when he call but in this area it seem chances are very low of getting old models.