how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nordy

join:2007-10-20
kudos:1

Usps tracking for registered mail sent to the US from abroad

I sent a registered article to the USA from Mangalore, India on 01-02-2013.

The status on usps tracking shows:
Processed Through Sort Facility
February 05, 2013, 5:25 pm
CHENNAI (EX MADRAS), INDIA

February 05, 2013, 5:19 pm

I've checked with the postal authorities here, and they've said the article's been dispatched from here.

I just wanted to know:
Will there be further updates on usps.com for this article, or does it end here. Will Usps update things once the article reaches the US, then makes its way to the local post office via customs and the all the way to delivery?

Does anyone here know how this works?

Thanks

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

quote:
Registered Mail cannot be tracked through the mailstream and will not provide updated scans. However, it does provide delivery information with a delivery scan showing the delivery status or attempted delivery information..
»faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/r···Tracking

Nordy

So this means, I'll see the next update only once it's been delivered. Right?

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

said by Nordy:

In my experience, that is how all USPS tracking works. It is pretty much worthless to the recipient who wants to know when their package is arriving because it only updates after delivery. It's great for the sender who can verify that it was actually received, but that's about all.
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

raster44

join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY
reply to Nordy

Actually , every time the item is scanned into tracking a record is kept online of use of tracking. I don't know if this info if available to sender or not but can be obtained internally.

Nordy

reply to jtudor

said by jtudor:

said by Nordy:

In my experience, that is how all USPS tracking works. It is pretty much worthless to the recipient who wants to know when their package is arriving because it only updates after delivery. It's great for the sender who can verify that it was actually received, but that's about all.

Well, its good to know that they at least provide an update after delivery.

Nordy

reply to jtudor

Click for full size
You were right. And they did. No updates along the way. Only a single update after its been delivered.

And its been delivered It took 16 days to get to the US from the other side of the world

Here's the thread that started it all: »[FS] Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition Original DVD

I've blocked the location in the image.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Just so you know... Registered Mail is the most secure service offered by the US Postal Service. Registered Mail is shipped separately from the rest of the mail, and each person handling Registered Mail is held personally responsible for it. It can be used to mail US government classified documents.

So once your shipment got to the US Postal Service, it was quite secure.

Nordy

The next time I send something, I'm sending it by FedEx. This one takes far too long. Half a month!

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

I'd guess it was delayed by US Customs, and FedEx may be subject to the same delays. Just a guess.

Expand your moderator at work

JustBurnt

@rr.com
reply to Nordy

Re: Usps tracking for registered mail sent to the US from abroad

Personally, I would have sent it FedEx, that way ONE routing steam handles it the whole trip.

Expand your moderator at work

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Nordy

Re: Usps tracking for registered mail sent to the US from abroad

said by Nordy:

I sent a registered article to the USA from Mangalore, India on 01-02-2013.

The status on usps tracking shows:
February 05, 2013, 5:25 pm

February 05, 2013, 5:19 pm

I've checked with the postal authorities here, and they've said the article's been dispatched from here.

I just wanted to know:
Will there be further updates on usps.com for this article, or does it end here. Will Usps update things once the article reaches the US, then makes its way to the local post office via customs and the all the way to delivery?

Does anyone here know how this works?

Thanks

should use UPS or fedex since that is what the post office uses but at a mark up

personally I no longer send items international . Since I lost 120 plus shipping amount. like $160 total.

Nordy

You used USPS? Where to?