spc
Search similar:

uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

Ghost in the Shell Online

For you Shooting and Brain Hacking lovers out there.
said by Blue's News :

Ghost in the Shell Online Details

Nexon offers some details on Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX, which is the tentative title for the upcoming online Ghost in the Shell game mentioned the other day. Word is this will be a PC MMOFPS, and they confirm plans for a release in the first half of next year in Asia, though plans to bring the game west are not mentioned:

Online game publisher NEXON Co., Ltd. (Headquarter: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director & President: Seungwoo Choi; TSE: 3659; “NEXON”) has announced the launch of its PC online game service of Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX in the first half of 2014 through NEOPLE INC. (Headquarter: Seoul, South Korea; Representative Director & President: Shinchul Kang; “NEOPLE”), a subsidiary of NEXON Korea Corporation (Headquarter: Seoul, South Korea; Representative Director & President: Min Seo; “Nexon Korea”).

The online game Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX (tentative), which is built upon a world view based on the original animation, was developed as a first person shooter (FPS) game featuring fierce hacking battles between cyborgs fighting over strategic resources. In addition to the dynamic gunfight action between cyborgs, the game also incorporates cyberization and various other concepts that are present in the original work. It also provides diverse contents such as cooperative battle mode, a new concept that integrates artificial intelligence with the player.

The game is developed by NEOPLE, an online game developer that had developed huge hits such as Dungeon & Fighter and Cyphers since its inception in 2001. Dungeon & Fighter, in particular, is explosively popular, boasting over 400 million members worldwide and holding a record of 3 million concurrent players in China.

As a leading company of online games, NEXON will continue to aggressively introduce popular contents that resonate with players worldwide and endeavor to revitalize the game market.

shinjuru

shinjuru

Don't forget about the new Ghost in the Shell: Arise series. Coming soon!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· dMgR7_HI

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to shinjuru

to shinjuru
On the rare chance someone does not know "Ghost in the Shell", I would recommend you go rent it. The graphics are a little dated now because it came out in 1996, but it is one of the time honored classics of Sci Fi Anime.

»www.amazon.com/Ghost-She ··· 04493681

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I've been hearing for a long time what a classic Ghost In The Shell is. I saw it running on the Funimation channel a few months ago and recorded it. I watched it all the way through, and I have no idea what it was about. Sex robots murdering their masters, a big goon punching people, some sort of freaky psycho mind bender making people see things that aren't real. When it was over my only thought was, "Seriously? That's what everyone's been going on and on about?"

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

What I took as the philosophical theme of the movie was about the soul and human identity. How much of android parts can you have before you stopped being human. Is the soul replaceable with electronic simulation, if it is even real. Stuff like that.

Here's a wiki writeup:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph ··· he_Shell

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to shinjuru

to shinjuru
As much as I enjoyed the anime. I won't get my hopes up for this.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Yar me neither. I enjoyed the original movie but the addon movies/series were just okay for me. The story universe is not that special, besides the usual Neurmancer sci-fi punk stuff.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
great series, Interesting to see a new one is coming out though it will likely take forever to get dubbed and shipped over here.(though at least it should come over here since unlike Macross series, its US rights are not owned by that sack of cocks known as Harmony Gold. Though it is beyond me why they do not dub those animes and just sell them online and ship from japan which should get around that issue.)

However I do not have faith in this game. Mainly because licensed works 99% of the time end up as complete shit. We have a few exceptions, Goldeneye on N64 is one the greatest examples where a licensed game did not suck.

My main lack of faith here is making it a licensed MMO, I think the setting would be great as a single player game in the style of a mass effect where decisions matter.