Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JJ_GTA
Premium
join:2009-04-01
Ontario

[Anveo] Blacklisting SMS Spam

Is there a way to control incoming SMS? I want to do the usual, contacts only, etc.

I have received some spam and it even comes through even if the number is blacklisted. $0.01 for every spam message.

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON

I would also like to know if this is possible.

In addition, I think a feature such as only contacts in a specific group such as "friends" or "family" in the contact check would be a benefit to avoid incoming SMS costs from unwanted numbers.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to JJ_GTA

Blacklisting is not helpful - caller ID is usually different all the time.

I personally don't have a use for this feature. Can it be disabled altogether?

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 recommendation

reply to JJ_GTA

Interesting discussion. Reading »Re: ANVEO SmS I saw that there is an SMS configuration screen. That tab shows what you when you go to "Manage phone numbers" and click Edit if you have selected things. Here is what mine looks like, with me not having done anything with it. If somebody were to try to send me an SMS message, what would happen? If I were getting SMS messages from a spammer, it would be irritating to pay that small sum. If I could get text messages from those in my Contacts GENERAL list, that would be worthwhile. But it would be more important to me to not get spam messages. I don't know that I would even know there was an SMS message.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2

Interesting. I'm on the "Free" subscription package and don't have those restrictions on my phone number. I have received a single SMS message, not spam, but not intended for me either.

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

said by grand total:

I have received a single SMS message, not spam, but not intended for me either.

How did you know that a message came in, and how did you read the message?

anveo
Premium
join:2010-02-08

1 recommendation

reply to grand total

said by grand total:

Interesting. I'm on the "Free" subscription package and don't have those restrictions on my phone number....

Customers who registered before January 2012 have all SMS forwarding options enabled (grandfathered feature).

SMS can be disabled for a phone number. Just open a chat session and ask to disable SMS.

As far as blacklist for SMS; as JoeSchmoe007 pointed out, blacklist will not be very helpful because spam messages will come with random SenderID.

anveo
Premium
join:2010-02-08
reply to StillLearn

said by StillLearn:

...how did you read the message?...

Anveo Inbox --> SMS/Text Messages folder.

grand total

Mississauga
Reviews:
·Anveo
reply to StillLearn

said by StillLearn:

How did you know that a message came in, and how did you read the message?

I have messages forwarded to my email.

grand total

Mississauga
Reviews:
·Anveo

1 recommendation

reply to anveo

said by anveo:

Customers who registered before January 2012 have all SMS forwarding options enabled (grandfathered feature).

That's great, I don't usually have grandfathered features despite being a grandfather.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI