Search similar:

uniqs

Pallan
@bop.gov

Pallan

Anon

Need help with 10 man.

Hey guys,

Got a question. We are about to start the 10 man content, I know there is no perfect 10 man setup but I was wondering if anyone had some advice. I know the basics (tank, offtank, 3 healers, and 5 dps) but I'd like some more info. What's the best offtank for a maintank DK? What's a good dps combo for Mogu'shan? Is Paladin still the best single target healer? We have two committed priests, are they a good combo for raiding or is one priest enough?
Any help with this would be appreciated but no outside links please. I'm obviously not somewhere that I can access wowhead and mmochampion. Thanks in advance.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Any tank combinations will work man, just make sure you have a Bloodlust/Heroism provider and that one of your healers has a good dps off-spec.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 recommendation

JB9 to Pallan

Premium Member

to Pallan
I would go with a block tank, (Warrior/Paladin) to go with a DK. My dream tank team combo is Guardian/Warrior. That's just me though.

Ideally I would go with what you provided.

DK Tank
Warrior OT

Ret Pally (backup OT)
WW Monk (backup healer)
Hunter
Mage
SP
Balance/Resto or Ele/Resto (hybrid)

Holy/Disc Priest
H Pally
Weout44
join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY

1 recommendation

Weout44 to Pallan

to Pallan
Imo, any combo will work with 10 man regular... Making sure you have a mage or shammy is great, as already stated. The comp question really comes to play during heroics, where you see certain classes handling mechanics better than other classes. Just pick from your most competent raiders and have fun!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Pallan

Premium Member

to Pallan
JB's advice is solid. I second the guardian/warrior combo... but DK can be awesome with a warrior or paladin OT.

I will add that as you get started, your first concern will be attendance, and dedication... not so much class mix. For the most fights in MSV, being ranged heavy is a good thing... but a good melee shouldn't be shunned... they just need to be good at not standing in stupid and maximizing dps-uptime.

2 priests (one disc, one holy) can be an amazing healing combo... throw in a third OS healer and you have magic. If your third healer is a shaman, the holy healer just stays in Chakra:Serenity and focuses a tank while healing the raid... if the third healer is H.pally, the Holy healer just stays in Chackra:Sanctuary and raid heals.

If you have a good hunter... please make sure he/she has a diversified stable to provide raid buffs. Sporebat (spell haste) seems to be the one we use most often... followed by Serpent (attack speed). Our hunter also has a Core Hound (for Hysteria) in case we are raiding without a shaman or mage.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

A hunter without a Sporebat makes me really sad.
Weout44
Miller Place, NY

Weout44

Our hunter has to use his spore bat all the time and he hates looking at it. He actually named it "Damnsporebat."

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Last week I helped out another guild do their first MSV raid. They had 2 hunters... Neither one had a sporebat. At least one of them had a Serpent... so we were able to fill in one of the missing buffs... but we had to do without spell haste.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to JB9

to JB9
WTH JB. No love for 'locks? Sub the face melter with a 'lock. Get the spell haste and maintain the dispells already with the healy priesty.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

speaking of which... we've been pugging double-locks for a while... looking forward to having our own face-melter to compliment our resident lock. just sayin'

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Immer:

speaking of which... we've been pugging double-locks for a while... looking forward to having our own face-melter to compliment our resident lock. just sayin'

A lock is so hax for Elegon, they can dot all the orbs if done at the right time, and get them quite low for the rest to burn.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

true. A well timed Seed of Corruption is supposedly ultra-haxxors.

In HoF... I love having dual lock portals for the first boss (tanks should not take them, lol). But I was poking at Carpie... our new guild face-melter. =)

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

It is, I have seen it.

Haxxrozzorsrosz

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Immer

to Immer
Yeah it's an interesting dynamic right now. Seems that instead of love being in the air, love for raiding is in the air. I had three people hit me up last night out of the blue about wanting to either pug with us (us being Holy Avengers on Eredar) once we are raiding or switch guilds at that point to raid with us. And it's not just Eredar, the forums seem to be alot more buzz with raid activity and less plagued by attendance bosses compared to over the holidays. Pretty cool.

This new interest puts a lot more pressure on me though to get up and running by the 1st week of March. I'm going to be so thankful for being able to do a few runs with PnE before hand. I expect I'll always be breaking into new frontier with PnE and then taking those lessons learned back with me. Win-win.

The only one thing I desparately need is MOAR TIME!!!! Personally I blame Jobbie because I don't think he is yelling it loud enough for the Gods to hear him.
Weout44
Miller Place, NY

Weout44 to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Death knights can also get every orb, if the glyph pestilence (increases the range by 5 yds..

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You are right, but the punch of those dots from Warlocks is just insane, I would guess that a blood tank with high vengeance numbers (very easy to get on that fight) would do a good job on them.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Pallan

to Pallan
Every 10 man needs a tequila infused Jobbie.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

ROFL You get nice englishspanish talk mix during the raid.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Chicago has named you public enemy #1.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Lothario:

?? Jobbie... are you a handgun?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

1 recommendation

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by Lothario:

?? Jobbie... are you a handgun?

I am a pizza, way too many fat people in Chicago these days.

Pallan
@bop.gov

Pallan to Pallan

Anon

to Pallan
Thanks for all the help! Couldn't ask for better advice!

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to Pallan

Anon

to Pallan
Yes the sporebat is also hated by myself. I named him "leetpet"

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
My wife named hers battykoda

Hoombaba
@child-controls.com

Hoombaba to Pallan

Anon

to Pallan
You don't say which spec your 2 priests play so this may not be an issue but you really don't want 2 Disc healers in one 10 person raid. They will be fighting over who gets to shield people because there's a debuff after your shield gets used up so you can't get shielded again for a while. Just not a helpful dynamic both for focusing on effective healing, and getting along with your raid group.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Weout44

MVM

to Weout44
said by Weout44:

Our hunter has to use his spore bat all the time and he hates looking at it. He actually named it "Damnsporebat."

I just tamed one this past week to help out our casters when we're missing the buff. I named mine "RogueRipper". Attack speed is my primary concern. If no one else brings that, I've got my Hyena out...screw the other casters!