join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit

[Services] Problems with account email and such

Hi All

Major problems with my at&t email, Windows Live mail keeps asking for password daily, works for 1 day, then asks again, then yahoo messenger ends up locked as well and cannot even sign in. Solution to this problem? been going on for 3 weeks now

(is my account compromised) is main dsl account compromised? at a loss of what to do now.

Avast Antivirus says i'm clean on this PC and other PC's, and Malwarebytes shows clean as well

Any help is appreciated, anyone have any ideas?

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

To test your email account access, try to access your email via web mail. »login.yahoo.com/

For Windows Live Mail having problems with remembering your password for POP3 access, you might ask in »Microsoft

You could also try a different POP3 email program for comparison.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

3 edits

Webmail finally worked yesterday, for a while it didn't work, Yahoo messenger was stating account was locked for about 7 hours and wouldn't sign in.

Windows Live Mail settings was right, redid them 4-5 times in last 3 weeks this been happening, so I guess will just use webmail now, and forget trouble shooting Windows Live Mail and at&t email

Virus scans came up all clean on every PC by the way

so nothing that would signal why it's doing that at all so far

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit

You could try Thunderbird, Eudora OSE or other POP3 client to see if the problem is some quirk of your email program.

»help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con···=SLN3286

You could also try Forte Agent. It has a free 30-day trial, which would be enough for testing to see if the problem is the Yahoo server or your email program. It is pretty classic/retro in its organization, which works for me. Spell checking is not done on the fly but with F7 or as you send, for example. It creates plain text emails without providing underlining, bold, colors etc as you write an email. You can attach pictures and files, but it does not make HTML-like emails with the pictures integrated with the text.

I am not having problems with Yahoo email servers, and my email program does not forget my email password for checking the servers.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

Well I may try out Windows 8 built in mail app once my new monitor arrives that fully supports Windows 8 Modern/Metro Apps, meanwhile just uses webmail, and deals with it

I don't know why this problem started at all, started like 1-2 weeks ago, and been a pain since

Will research on bing info on setting up the Windows 8 Mail app with at&t first though, then hopefully all works well, and won't have to deal with a locked yahoo account again

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL

You did not say that you had to have Yahoo reset your account and password. Did that happen?

If you had to get your account reset, that too many wrong password attempts were tried by someone. I don't know what it takes for that to happen.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

Did Reset yahoo password a week ago, reset in the program, think finally working right now or I hope..

so far no errors in over an hour

(just restarted netgear 7550N gateway) since was locked out of a PC game, so that may have helped possibly also, really was dns issues with the game