Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to cymraeg

Re: Need new rig for a tight budget

The HAF 912 lacks front USB3 ports. If you don't want the Redbone, try the Challenger:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···11147060

Sapphire isn't the only company to make a 7850, but getting the 2GB is a decent idea if you don't mind spending the extra money: »www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi···eSize=20

PSUs aren't scary at all if you go methodically and read what goes to what, but modular PSUs are great ideas because you can remove the un-needed cables and the inside of the case looks a little neater. The Corsair you listed is fine.

The motherboard comes with SATA cables (it comes with two) and the PSU comes with power cables. It might not hurt to pick up one or two more SATA cables.

If you have never worked on computers before, grab

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···99261002
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···99261001
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···35100010
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···35100007 (never know when you may need to re-mount your CPU cooler)

--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 recommendation

reply to cymraeg

update

i went with the U3 case , ty Kris

its all put together running like a boss, thank you guys for the assist, it is like night and day, super fast graphics are top notch, for me anyway, can't put into words how much of an improvement this is, thank you all again and especially Kris.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to cymraeg

i have hit a snag.

the win7 disc i have is an upgrade one so the key i have will not work on a clean install. this i did not know, and i do not have a vista disc to install under it to activate windows, FML.

Now i have to buy a new win7 disc just to get a damn key to activate it, /sadpanda.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

ken225

join:2003-11-22
Brunswick, OH

Just do a double install with the Windows 7 disc. Install it once, don't fill out any serial number and let it boot up. Then, install it again and activate it like normal.

Works like a charm.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
reply to cymraeg

*deleted for nonsense.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium