Solon for President
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
PonziWorld

fukitol to MartinM

Premium Member

to MartinM

Re: New Ontario area codes

I mean number pooling as in allocation of thousands blocks. That is, if a given rate center has an NPA-NXX of 234-567, one provider can be allocated 234-567-1, another can be allocated 234-567-8, and so on. That way, you don't have hundreds of thousands of numbers allocated to BFE, NWT. The U.S. has been pooling its numbers for close to ten years now: »www.nationalpooling.com/
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by fukitol:

I mean number pooling as in allocation of thousands blocks. That is, if a given rate center has an NPA-NXX of 234-567, one provider can be allocated 234-567-1, another can be allocated 234-567-8, and so on. That way, you don't have hundreds of thousands of numbers allocated to BFE, NWT. The U.S. has been pooling its numbers for close to ten years now: »www.nationalpooling.com/

Sorry but I do not agree. Overlay 437 to 416/647 seems natural and logical to me considering the extreme growth of that area in the last 10 years. It was done properly. Hell, I can't even get 416 numbers anymore. They are a rare commodity. Reminds me of New York 212.
MartinM

1 recommendation

MartinM to fukitol

Premium Member

to fukitol
There, enjoy if you think it wasn't done properly.

»www.cnac.ca/npa_codes/re ··· r_12.pdf

All carriers involved are listed.