SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

New MMO Hall of Fame Inductees

I guess the steroids scandal hasn't hit MMOs yet, though I've always suspected Thrall of juicing.

Older thread on previous inductees:
»Ultima Online: MMO hall of fame inductee.

Link to the current article: »www.mmohall.com/2013/02/ ··· -get-in/

Juicy quotes from the above link:

...Each committee member selects 10 games they feel have set standards in the gaming field. The lists of nominees are then forwarded to the Hall of Fame curator. The results are then tallied, with any games receiving 60% of the votes becoming automatic inductees. This year’s crop of games contained releases from 1996 to 2007 including Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO). Surprisingly, LotRO did not get in on its first year of eligibility....

The 2013 MMO Hall of Fame Inductees are:

RuneScape (80% of the votes)
Asheron’s Call (80% of the votes)
Dark Age of Camelot (80% of the votes)
City of Heroes (70% of the votes)
Meridian59 (60% of the votes)

“Although there was no unanimous winner in 2013, we did have a three-way tie for first place. With over 100 games to choose from, I think the committee did an excellent job of picking five that certainly set their mark in their respected area of massively multiplayer online games,” said Doug Kale, director of MMO Hall of Fame.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

MMO Hall of Fame? lol

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You missed "New MMO".

lol indeed.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
There's a Hall of Fame for everything.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The Hall of Fame Hall of Fame?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

The Hall of Fame Hall of Fame?

BrB gonna go google.
I AM

I AM

Premium Member

WOW. There is no Hall for the Hall of Fame. We could get rich?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Nice to see runescape making it in. I've never played any of the games on this years list.

I wonder where Dungeons and Dragons online placed. Or are they still to new?

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I never understood why City of Heroes was given such love. After about an hour you played all of the available missions and got stuck in a boring repeating loop of running the same three missions over and over with different skins on the enemies.

Character creation was great but two hours after creating a great character I didn't even want to log in again.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

CoH had no substance. No soul. Just a really good character creation that took me 4 hours. The spell effects were good. It captured classic comic book spell art. It looked good and sounded decent.

But it had no soul. Just like Guild Wars 2 has no soul and Rift has no soul and SWTOR has no souls or body or anything but EA rape.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

EA is the red headed step child that you beat and forgot about, had issues then came back to make your life hell after it got through therapy and met a quirky girl that gave it something to live for.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Savious:

EA is the red headed step child that you beat and forgot about, had issues then came back to make your life hell after it got through therapy and met a quirky girl that gave it something to live for.

Wut

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

EA sucks.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

That statement would have been enhanced dramatically with a picture of Harley Quinn.