Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to JohnInSJ

MVM

to JohnInSJ

Re: Furure of OSX - touch? - i hope not

If you want to see what OSX looks like when it is touch enabled, look no further than your iPad.

You are kidding - right?? OSX and IOS are two very different user interfaces - not even close.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by dellsweig:

If you want to see what OSX looks like when it is touch enabled, look no further than your iPad.

You are kidding - right?? OSX and IOS are two very different user interfaces - not even close.

But they are starting to converge.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by Nezmo:

said by dellsweig:

But they are starting to converge.

How so - Launchpad?? Does anyone actually ever use launchpad?? Seems more like it was added as a trial balloon type of thing....

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by dellsweig:

How so - Launchpad?? Does anyone actually ever use launchpad?? Seems more like it was added as a trial balloon type of thing....

Yes, and gestures, etc. Obviously they are still quite different but it's obvious Apple is converging the two. Just my opinion.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to dellsweig

Premium Member

to dellsweig
said by dellsweig:

So, you're saying things like pinch zoom, scrolling by swiping, and other gestures that are identical in iOS and OSX (which are indeed very much based on the same code) are different?

Interesting.

And here I was thinking that even visually OSX is starting to converge with iOS - notice how the scroll bars look in OSX now? Very iOSish...