North York, ON

resa1983 to Perma

Premium Member

to Perma

Re: CIPPIC has been granted Intervenor Status

said by Perma:

How significant is this?

Very.

They have full intervenor status. CIPPIC got partial intervenor status in the BMG case.

As InvalidError said, this is going to cost Voltage a lot more money, and frankly, it's looking like Voltage won't get subscriber info.

Voltage has 2 options:
1. Pay off Teksavvy's costs, and run.
2. Go to the evidence hearing, and with the lack of good solid evidence, get it (and all of Canipre's evidence), thrown out.

If this case goes to evidence, and the evidence gets tossed, Distributel's case is going to get tossed as well.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

said by resa1983:

said by Perma:

How significant is this?

Very.

They have full intervenor status. CIPPIC got partial intervenor status in the BMG case.

As InvalidError said, this is going to cost Voltage a lot more money, and frankly, it's looking like Voltage won't get subscriber info.

Voltage has 2 options:
2. Go to the evidence hearing, and with the lack of good solid evidence, get it (and all of Canipre's evidence), thrown out.

If this case goes to evidence, and the evidence gets tossed, Distributel's case is going to get tossed as well.

2) Add pay TSI's costs, CIPPICs costs, and run the risk of a bona fide defense being that much stronger next time they poke their heads out.

They're really between a rock and a hard place legally.

The Distributel case won't get tossed if Voltage turns tail and runs though... in that case Distributel will have to fight but they can use all the arguments that were to be presented by CIPPIC.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by JMJimmy:

said by resa1983:

said by Perma:

How significant is this?

Very.

Voltage has 2 options:

2) Add pay TSI's costs, CIPPICs costs, and run the risk of a bona fide defense being that much stronger next time they poke their heads out.

They're really between a rock and a hard place legally.

The Distributel case won't get tossed if Voltage turns tail and runs though... in that case Distributel will have to fight but they can use all the arguments that were to be presented by CIPPIC.

No, Distributel's case won't get tossed if Voltage runs. It will get tossed if Voltage sticks around, gets their evidence tossed, and loses.

Both companies used Canipre, and Barry Logan.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

w00t!!!! thats great news \o/
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

No, Distributel's case won't get tossed if Voltage runs.

I thought that's what I said...

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to resa1983

Anon

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

said by Perma:

How significant is this?

Very.

Do they? I don't see that stated there.

CONSIDERING that the record before me justifies the intervention of CIPPIC on the Plaintiff's discovery motion, but at this time, on no other aspect of the Plaintiffs action against the Defendants, ...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by hm :

yes. they do. page three at bottom.. 1 - a & b.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by TSI Marc:

said by hm :

yes. they do. page three at bottom.. 1 - a & b.

ty for clarifying.