FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Darknessfall

Re: Performance

said by Darknessfall:

I wonder when the rest of the North East will receive the Performance upgrade or if we'll have to wait till May. We still have 25/4 PB in CT with 16/2 main.

Have you powered off and on your cable modem? And is it docsis3. You have to do both to see if you have the new speeds and no powerboost.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
I tried to power it off and on but nothing . Using a DPC3008. I also didn't get a email.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Darknessfall:

I wonder when the rest of the North East will receive the Performance upgrade or if we'll have to wait till May. We still have 25/4 PB in CT with 16/2 main.

Have you powered off and on your cable modem? And is it docsis3. You have to do both to see if you have the new speeds and no powerboost.

Here in my part of CT it is still 16/2 with PB making it show 25/4 on a normal speedtest. I have re-booted within the last day.
--
Deeds, not words

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
Yeah, I'm stuck at 25/4 with Blast! in Groton. I wish the would hurry it up and roll it out to all markets.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

What's the speed limit if it's not a Docsis 3 modem? It would be great if they told us this. So I could have more than 2X my speed but need to upgrade the modem?

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
Theoretically 38mbps, but they probably won't let you get anywhere near that on a D2 modem, as you'd be saturating a whole channel.

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage

1 edit
reply to joetaxpayer
said by joetaxpayer:

What's the speed limit if it's not a Docsis 3 modem? It would be great if they told us this. So I could have more than 2X my speed but need to upgrade the modem?

Here's a speedtest using my Doscis 2 modem, running through my (non-gigabit) Vonage router:

--

Guns Will Be Gone. Period. Thank OUR President Obama for putting the lives of our children ahead of special interests.

ComcastEmplo

@comcast.net
reply to joetaxpayer
Everything above performance requries a D3 modem. If you have blast and not getting the speeds, call and make sure the modem is provisioned with the correct bootfile. Speak to tech support ONLY!