spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bamaraid
join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV

bamaraid

Wondering if i am at my max speed

was just wondering if anyone can tell me if i should be able to get more speed than i have here are my statistics

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision 4.4.9.13.1.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1344 192
Margin (dB) 34.1 31.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 3.7 2.5
Transmit Power (dBm) -2.4 8.8
FEC Errors 0 0
HEC Errors 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0

thanks for any help

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

You can throw whatever you'd like at that line. It's very short and is running clean. If you have Frontier's Lite package, get it upgraded.
bamaraid
join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV

bamaraid

thanks smith that's what i thought 5 miles away they get 3MB download and i am only offered the 1MB download will call them tomorrow se if i can be provisioned at a higher speed
bamaraid

bamaraid

well talked to tech support and they tested it all and they stated that yes i could get higher speeds but to bandwidth constraints, they are unable to do so at this time. Same old story and there is no ETR for upgrades on my legacy DSL line
jamesonnorth
join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN

jamesonnorth to bamaraid

to bamaraid
You should be able to have a 16mb or higher package. Those stats are higher than mine and that's rare. I have thick copper on a short run and I'm at 8meg on two lines, so I get around 13mbit on a dual WAN.

I wouldn't settle for less than a full 6meg down and 1meg up on this line.

If they're limited on backhaul, you should *still* ask to be put at what you're paying for. Ask Customer Service, as they can put in the provisioning order. Or have the tech do what you say instead of doing the provisioning themselves. Tell the tech to have the provisioning office set your lines at 8000/1000 and leave it, as long as it's stable. Backhaul is Frontier's problem--not yours.