Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94

Re: Tablet Discussions

Well I'm not suggesting that nothing should be done but I am suggesting uniformity. If something is done, like to an equation for example, one should do the same thing to both sides of the equation.
said by signmeuptoo94:

My instincts are that if we just leave things as is, at some point things will devolve for PC discussions and people will drift away from this forum and, much as like what has happened to the overclocking forum, it will more or less die.

Or... We get with the program, and, well, ACT!

I hear what you are saying and I don't think anyone here wants to see that happen with respect to the PC forum fading way. However, action one way or the other doesn't guarantee that wont happen anyway. Interest in traditional computers seems to have stopped growing and seems to be dissipating. Segregating forums wont have any effect on this trend,...

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

A forum title is a welcome mat to those on the googles searching for help, knowledge, and comraderei. My point isn't segregation, that has an unpleasant connotation, kinda word science. What I am saying is that a forum mission tailored to welcoming discussion is needed.

What is the title of this forum? Does that welcome tablet owners? In their google/bing/yahoo searches, will micro computer builders or tablet owner come here, is the forum mission clear and inviting?

But if the forums were layed out in response to today's trends, maybe they won't fizzle out. Segregation? What an awful spin on what I'm trying to suggest, no offense, but that is kinda word spin.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I hear what your saying and I don't totally disagree.

One of my favorite forums for my Asus Eee slate EP121 Core i5 based PC Tablet is over at tabletpcreview.com under:

Forum > Windows Tablet PCs > Asus > EP121 Slate

They also have:

Hardware
Accessories
Acer
Dell
Fujitsu
HP
Lenovo
Microsoft
Panasonic
Samsung
Sony
Toshiba
Other Brands

All with their own forums along with:

Apple / iOS forums and Android tablet forums

However, taking that approach here with Tablets only and not PCs seems unbalanced IMO. Under this new organizational logic PC hardware should be similarly sorted according to distinguishing characteristics / design,.....IMO.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Well, I'm not the webadim, and understand what you are saying also. In time, computer hardware will be less prevalent, so this forum might not be as pertinent.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
If i am using the micro computer like a pc i would post here. If more like a specific non pc use most likely the electronics forum. Os heck most of mine are dual boot so os has little to do with hardware questions.