how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

asdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com
reply to Red80

Re: Tips for building PC?

It might be best to give the final complete listing if you have changed anything but yes the nzxt case and what you listed above should be ok.

Maybe someone else will confirm that I didn't miss anything.

Red80

@bellsouth.net

asdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com

I don't see any problems.

Anyone else?

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to Red80

I'd bump the RAM up to 8 GB as it's currently not much more expensive. Here's a set of Corsair RAM for $48 after promo.
--
KI6RIT

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to Red80

Is the B75 as good or equal to a H77? Especially with an unlocked CPU?

2 RAM slots:
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···13157303

4 RAM slots:
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···3157302R

B75:
»www.intel.com.au/content/www/us/···set.html

H77:
»www.intel.com.au/content/www/us/···h77.html
quote:
Supports the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Intel® Pentium® processor, and Intel® Celeron® processor. Intel H77 Express Chipset also enables overclocking features of unlocked 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Red80

@bellsouth.net

Ok so I'll up the RAM to 8GB.. Anything else? Do I need to go with an H77?

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

I only mentioned the H77 if you end up over-clocking.
That CPU you list is an over-clock version.
All CPU's with the "K" after it is the over-clock, or unlocked version.
If you do not want to over-clock, and want to save money, use a cheaper CPU without the K reference and it won't matter if you do not use the H77.
The only real difference is O/C, but maybe someone else can be more exact for you on the best chipset.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Red80

Whats the #1 one rule of building a pc?

POWER SUPPLY, POWER SUPPLY, POWER SUPPLY!

Just like every building needs a strong and properly built foundation, ever pc needs a powerful enough, high quality power supply.

Now I don't mean you need a 1kw PS, but you should not be paying anything less than $75 to $100 for it and you want one that is at least 20% larger than the maximum power draw your machine will produce. (I usually aim for 30 to 50%.)

I typically aim for ~500w (most machines peak around 300-400 watts under full load) and I get one from a company known to make high quality supplies. I also READ reviews online not just on the review sites but at the places that sell the supply as well. You want one that is HIGHLY popular and has few complaints of issues.

That's my #1 tip for anyone building their own pc.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I'm not saying you're wrong, and you usually want a high-efficiency unit if you are running a powerful gaming rig, but for most basic PCs (those with iGPUs, or very weak dedicated GPUs),

I've used all three of these "budget" PSUs to power different rigs with no complaints:
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···17139026
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···17182131
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···17182132
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.