spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil

Re: Gear score: easier for warriors to get a higher score?

"If you still use Gearscore after Wrath of the Lich King, You're going to have a bad time."

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Adalicia

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Gear Score still exists?

Seriously. I was surprised to read it was still being used.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Blizzard uses a very basic averaging scheme to determine your over all ilvl.
This site I used today to make sure my Hunter really was at 468 ilvl (per the character window) I used it and sure enough I am at ilvl of 468.9333 Trying to get to 470 to start the second set of MOP Raids on my hunter.
This is the site, its not WOW related at all.
»www.calculatorpro.com/ca ··· culator/

You will have to enter in each items ilvl seperated by a comma.
Like this.
This is currently my ilvls for my Warrior not hunter.
I average them and get 483.4375 which is very close to the Character pages reporting of 484 ilvl. (Counting my Off Hand)

Now since he is a Warrior I then exclude the offhand weapon. I get 484.26666666667 which is spot on what I have in ilvl.
So exclude your offhand for dual wielders. Because other classes (Like DK's and hunters) have to be balanced around the same averaging scheme.
Average your Ilvl by main hand only. Also remember there are 15 gear slots with stats, not counting offhand.

With that said as far as stat goes. I will link you the Wiki about classes and what there stats are.
www.wowwiki.com/Class

Basically its like this with Stats.
»www.wowwiki.com/Attribute
Strength,Intellect,Agility,Spirit and of coarse Stamina are all primary Stats.
Hit,Expertise,Crit,Haste and Mastery are secondary stats.

You will see these all under your Characters profile accessed by hitting "C" by the default keybind.
Then lower right corner there is a yellow arrow that opens the attributes tab. Under this tab, is General-Attributes-Melee-Ranged-Spell-Defense

General is where you will find the average ilvl of all your equipment.
It will factor that which is on the toon and that which is in your bags. Like this 480/484 or similar. Worn/Bags is the scheme.

"Attributes" are the main stats to all toons. But the Melee/Ranged/Spell is what you will pay attention to depending on your class.
Example is Warlock/Mage will look to Spell, Hunters will look to Ranged and Melee is for Warriors/DK/Paladin etc etc.

The Defense Tab is a bit special for that of Tanks. Because they need weigh not only Melee Stats but also Defensive stats.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Thank you.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
For some reason this thread reminds me of a DK I ran into back in WotLK. We were running nexus and I noticed his dps was horrid in way that horrid is not usually found. So I inspected him and this is what I find:

All points in his talent tree were in Unholy. He had no ghoul out. He never cast his UB, Gargoyle or D&D the whole run.

and to top it off all his gear was either gem/enchanted or had stats for spellpower.

I had to ask him why that was and he said to make his diseases stronger. I tried to offer advice about the above errors and he promptly told me to shut up, that I was a noob and he didnt need any advice......

gotta love WoW.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

gotta love WoW.

that kind of behavior reflects who he/she is IRL... wow just happened to be environment you met him/her in... nothing more.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

gotta love WoW.

that kind of behavior reflects who he/she is IRL... wow just happened to be environment you met him/her in... nothing more.

Half true, most of my guildies are asshats in game, but really cool irl. It's really a roll of the dice with some people.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Ah... electronic courage. Always easy to be an asshat from behind a keyboard where no one will ever see you than to be one face to face. And it's sad because we all have a tendency to (at least once in awhile) talk or act in a negative manner across the electrons that we would not otherwise have done irl. Certainly one of the huge issues with bullying nowadays. Easy to tear someone apart on some forum or other electronic avenue when you don't have to see the tears roll down their face.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
It's always a reflection of who they are... always. some people will think they are cool... others won't... it's always a reflection.

When I screw up... and lose my cool... how that manifests itself in-game is a reflection of who I am. How I deal with it later, is also a reflection of who I am.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by Immer:

It's always a reflection of who they are... always.

Cant say I totally agree with that. I find as I get older there is no such thing as Always. There are plenty of decent people of good character that mess up and do things that arent right and I dont believe is a relection of who they are, just parhaps a bad choice at a point in time and nothing more.

But the guy I was referring to was an asshole....I feel like he is one always ;0)
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
He was dum. D...U...M dum.