uniqs
share rss forum feed

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to gambothell

Re: [Rant] UPS delivery will not ring the doorbell

They are a Jekyll and Hyde company depending upon your driver or neighborhood* or a combination of both.

It's amazing what the neighborhood you live in can affect your deliveries. My last residence was in a primo area in every way. Super, super safe. My driver left my stuff, even things like medication requiring personal signature at the door. I had posted on my door a boilerplate notice to Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS saying OK to leave stuff at the door.

At my current place that is nice but not to the level of the previous place I have to be home to sign to get medication. The notice on the door won't work. The good thing is my delivery time is pretty much set in stone. I'm one of it not the last stop. The delivery is coming between 7 PM and 7:30 PM.

The bad news is that late delivery is functionally like an extra day of transit.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
said by Blogger:

They are a Jekyll and Hyde company depending upon your driver or neighborhood* or a combination of both.

It's amazing what the neighborhood you live in can affect your deliveries. My last residence was in a primo area in every way. Super, super safe. My driver left my stuff, even things like medication requiring personal signature at the door. I had posted on my door a boilerplate notice to Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS saying OK to leave stuff at the door.

At my current place that is nice but not to the level of the previous place I have to be home to sign to get medication. The notice on the door won't work. The good thing is my delivery time is pretty much set in stone. I'm one of it not the last stop. The delivery is coming between 7 PM and 7:30 PM.

The bad news is that late delivery is functionally like an extra day of transit.

I believe UPS requires that medication and alcohol be signed by an adult. Now if your driver knows you well he may leave it. But they are not supposed to.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix