Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Josof

Re: A worthwhile investment...

It's all about honor in South Korea. Totally different there. Over here in the US, our honor is our credit score. Over there it's being a decent, respectable human being. Without your honor in S. Korea you are basically blacklisted from society.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

said by Phantasee:

Without your honor in S. Korea you are basically blacklisted from society.

That doesn't sound very honorable.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

said by Carpie:

said by Phantasee:

Without your honor in S. Korea you are basically blacklisted from society.

That doesn't sound very honorable.

Never said it was fair =P

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Phantasee

said by Phantasee:

It's all about honor in South Korea. Totally different there. Over here in the US, our honor is our credit score. Over there it's being a decent, respectable human being. Without your honor in S. Korea you are basically blacklisted from society.

I respect the honor thing but what tripped me out was this guy was infamous for low deeps and ultimately shunned by a "whole" server.

It would be different if he was a child/adolescent then i could understand it better but this is a grown man feeling the need to apologize to kids possibly about his performance in a video game. Again i admit im off base because i dont understand Korean gaming culture. Growing up i had a korean martial arts teacher and like you mentioned, teachers in Korea are to be respected. i learned the hard way lol.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Phantasee

said by Phantasee:

This made me Lol. Have you ever been to South Korea? They are some of the most pretentious, "americanized" culture around. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that they are some kind of "Samuri code living" honorable society.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Think he means japan, not s.k.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Vinceruos_t

It's a bit relative. Compared to American society, S.Korean society is quite honor-bound still. Compared to Feudal Japan... S.Korean society is very American.

We've lost sight of respect here. We simultaneously demand others earn our respect while insisting we are entitled to a level of respect for simply being us... but not the us that we have been "that would be judgmental and superficial" but the us we choose to be at any given moment... We have social schizophrenia.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04

While I do agree that HUMANANITY as a whole has lost a lot of respec and "honor", America is not the problem here. I have traveled all over Europe and a lot of other countries across the world and I can tell you that Americans as a whole are way more helpful, respectful, and generally nicer people then most of the world. People love to just bash Americans as selfish, corrupt, and disrespectful individuals but that is just not the case. Of course we have our issues and lifestyles have changed dramatically over the last hundred years, but in my experiance America IS like Fuedal Japan compared to the vast majority of other countries.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

On a video net cast I sometimes watch, they described japan as the only place friendlier than Texas.

That does make me curious.
--
»Death Star Petition