Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to MovieLover76

Premium Member

to MovieLover76

Re: Good thing

said by MovieLover76:

I think it's a good thing for the customer that they are going to start monitoring battery health and informing users when they need to replace their batteries. From reading it, it seems like the first battery may come with the unit and your responsible for replacements, which seems fair.

It's been awhile since I had cable, but my FiOS connection stays up when the power's out, even the network connection itself stays up as my router is on a UPS. It would be nice if FiOS monitored the battery health of the battery, no way to know it's condition currently and I live in an apartment that already had an existing FiOS installation, so theirs no telling how old that battery is.

It's a nice gesture but I can already monitor my battery for free by going to 192.168.100.1, it tells me the percentage left, the telemotry of the battery, and best of all, I can do it anytime I want and see it all visually.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

MovieLover76

True but the average consumer would never think of that, they don't even tell you that normally. Maybe on a tech support call they might mention it, when they are asking you to do diagnostics.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to egeek84

Premium Member

to egeek84
Click for full size
said by egeek84:

It's a nice gesture but I can already monitor my battery for free by going to 192.168.100.1, it tells me the percentage left, the telemotry of the battery, and best of all, I can do it anytime I want and see it all visually.

What kind of modem do you have? I have an Arris TM402P/110 and all I can see from the modem status page is what I've posted above. I don't have an indication of how percentage left.

--Brian

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84

Premium Member

Click for full size
Arris Battery Status Screen

Arris TG862G Gateway

said by plencnerb:

said by egeek84:

What kind of modem do you have? I have an Arris TM402P/110 and all I can see from the modem status page is what I've posted above. I don't have an indication of how percentage left.

--Brian

It's an Arris TG862G.