how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rodb

join:2013-02-14
California

[speed/latency] Ongoing dsl trouble

My speeds are usually at 1184/448 but several times a month they get reduced down to around 768/120. I have talked with tech support and have learned about the automated system called ASSIA which is supposed to optimise my connection. Problem is when static or something else is detected then ASSIA downgrades my speeed. Sometimes resetting Actiontec 784 brings speed back up but usually I have to call tech support or get esclated to the MCO. Is there any long term solution to my problem?

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9

Assuming your DSL is shared with phone service if you hear static on the line, especially when phone is first picked up or crosstalk, other voices try calling voice repair rather then DSL Verizon online.

/tom

rodb

California

I have a dedicated line to modem to avoid any issues with my internal wiring. I have no static on the landline.

snailmail

join:2012-03-25
Bishop, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
·Verizon Online DSL

Just curious...what plan are you on? "...up to 1mb"? I have dryloop DSL with the up to 1mb plan and been trying to reach the speed you posted 1184/448kbs but VZ won't allow me that even though I had it for over 6 months in 2012 and for 2 days this month before getting knocked down to either 32/160kbs or 864/160kbs which is where I'm at now.

rodb

California

Yes I have the 1mb plan, but my line is capable of the slightly higher speed, which as you know any little bit helps a lot.