how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FearlesTech

join:2010-09-21
Markham, ON

Questions on cable modem upgrade

I currently use a Motorola SB5100 with Teksavvy Internet Cable service -- through Rogers "last mile". I would like to upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem to handle possible congestion and speed upgrades on the horizon with conversion to Aggregate POI.

I was wondering...
1. Does Teksavvy charge any fees for registering a new cable modem -- assuming I am making no other changes to my service?
2. What would be a good choice for a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem if I want to be flexible with respect to support by different ISPs? I currently see DCM476 as a popular choice along with appropriate firmware; it seems to be supported by most ISPs.
3. Are there any discounts/advantages with ordering a modem from Teksavvy as oppose to buying one from other sources?

Thanks.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

1 recommendation

said by FearlesTech:

1. Does Teksavvy charge any fees for registering a new cable modem -- assuming I am making no other changes to my service?

No charges.
said by FearlesTech:

2. What would be a good choice for a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem if I want to be flexible with respect to support by different ISPs? I currently see DCM476 as a popular choice along with appropriate firmware; it seems to be supported by most ISPs.

The DCM476 is an excellent choice.

said by FearlesTech:

3. Are there any discounts/advantages with ordering a modem from Teksavvy as oppose to buying one from other sources?

Thanks.

The discount would apply on a new order. If it to add to an existing service then no discounts would apply.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

FearlesTech

join:2010-09-21
Markham, ON
Terrific. Thanks TSI Martin for answering all my questions!

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to FearlesTech
As an alternative, myself and many others would recommend the Motorola lineup (SB612x) as a better modem than the Thompsons FYI....
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting