spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

1 edit

tkdslr

Major Internet outage.. Florida.. 2/13 till??

Reporting on behalf of friend who has Comcast voice and Inet..

Inet running real slow morning and afternoon, then complete outage starting around 3-4pm yesterday(3/13).. (Voice service still functioning..) Called comcast, automated voice system reported their was a problem, we selected for call back when fixed..

This morning(2/14), he received a call claiming problem fixed.. but no go.. Now the system reports it won't be fixed till noon 2/15..

Called Comcast again.. waited for rep.. informed us that this outage affects most of Florida.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Did they say the cause? fiber break? backhoe party? CMTS failure?
tkdslr
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

no such luck..
Gamer103
join:2008-01-17
Naples, FL

Gamer103 to tkdslr

to tkdslr
No problems whatsoever in Southwest Florida. Yesterday or today. My internet has been up and running the entire time.
miami786male
join:2008-06-30
Miami, FL

miami786male to tkdslr

to tkdslr
no problems in Comcast South East Florida ( Miami Dade Broward Palm beach Florida. Rock solid service here today.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt to tkdslr

Premium Member

to tkdslr
I would call again and see if you get a different estimate of area or time of resolution, the CSR's may have different info now.
on the other hand a day or 2 without HSI beats a day on a cruise ship hands down.
tkdslr
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

Comcast finally restored my friends Inet service this morning 2/16... I'm not impressed, they missed at least two of their promises to restore service. not a good track record in my book..
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

I understand it's frustrating to be without service but you do not know the extent of the problem. To take that long I would assume it had something to do with a fiber line.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to tkdslr

MVM

to tkdslr
said by tkdslr:

Comcast finally restored my friends Inet service this morning 2/16... I'm not impressed, they missed at least two of their promises to restore service. not a good track record in my book..

Damage to a relatively small fiber trunk (serving the southern part of Santa Clara County, in California) took at least twelve hours before restoration of service was complete. The trunk was not traversing something like the Everglades.

»www.mercurynews.com/loca ··· 12106300

It would be interesting to find out what the cause was in Florida.