Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42 to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: SWTOR

said by TigerLord:

3. KOTOR's storytelling was eons ahead in terms of quality. You have low standards.

5. Yes.

6. It makes it the biggest financial flop in the history of video game making, which is significant in and on itself especially when you consider this is Bioware.

3. Yes because they had the luxury of being a single player RPG on a console... this (despite how I play it) is still an MMO. And what is the "story" of GW2? WoW? etc? I'd give a week's paycheck to any casual peson who plays GW2 or WoW to come on here and actually explain any story they remember.

5. And then only people who can afford 2 $500 video cards would be able to play it.

6. "biggest financial flop in the history of video game"? They still have some subscribers.. and they'll make more money from microtransactions.... they'll recoup... it will just take time. Even if they make $14.... it's no longer the "biggest financial flop in the history of video game" You realize how much money Sony lost on the Playstations? Are they a big flop? Gotta look at the endgame my friend.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

1 edit

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by BigReds42:

And then only people who can afford 2 $500 video cards would be able to play it.

You don't need a $1,000 in GPUs. This isn't a console port we're talking here. Is it too much to ask for a game that doesn't have graphics that look 8 years old right out the gate?

An MMO that releases in the year 2012 better have some damn good graphics or something at least current, not something emulating a cartoon style along the lines of WoW from 2004.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Even if it looks like WoW, if it plays well and has a responsive UI, I'll be all over it.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to BigReds42

to BigReds42
said by BigReds42:

3. Yes because they had the luxury of being a single player RPG on a console... this (despite how I play it) is still an MMO. And what is the "story" of GW2? WoW? etc? I'd give a week's paycheck to any casual peson who plays GW2 or WoW to come on here and actually explain any story they remember.

5. And then only people who can afford 2 $500 video cards would be able to play it.

6. "biggest financial flop in the history of video game"? They still have some subscribers.. and they'll make more money from microtransactions.... they'll recoup... it will just take time. Even if they make $14.... it's no longer the "biggest financial flop in the history of video game" You realize how much money Sony lost on the Playstations? Are they a big flop? Gotta look at the endgame my friend.

3. The story was better than WoW or GW2, but for Star Wars cannon it was poor.

5. Just lower the frickin' graphics if you can't afford a fancy SLI setup. Nobody is forcing us to run things on ultra with forced AA and Ambient Occlusion. Some of us would just like to have the option.

6. You don't realize the millions that was invested in the PR campaign alone will never justify the money spent when looking at the success. My guess is Riot Games will have made more money in the past 2 years from a simple game like LoL than Bioware EVER will from SWTOR even if it would still be here in 50 years. Apparently it cost 200 millions to develop SWTOR.

I'd be interested to know how much it cost to make Skyrim, a game of comparable if not bigger scope and size, even if they're very different.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

Even if it looks like WoW, if it plays well and has a responsive UI, I'll be all over it.

I can deal with something that looks like WoW and runs good. What I can't accept is something that looks like WoW and runs like shit also.