spc
Search similar:

uniqs
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

Ebay now has limits on the number of items

While trying to list the 3rd item in the same category this month I was presented with a notice that I can not list any more items in the category I am trying to for the next 30 days. So I called and had my account reviewed by a person whos first, second or third language is not English, try to explain to me how it is for my own protection that someone from ebay review my account when listing items to be sure that I am not over extending myself. Are these people for fucking real? I've been a seller for 17 years, thousands of sales and they are worried that I cant handle 3 items at the same time! Whos running that company?

Rant over

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

1 recommendation

jadinolf

Premium Member

It will never happen but eBay needs a competitor.

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to H_T_R_N

MVM

to H_T_R_N
3 items for 30 days? lol! Well, then you can get 90% of ebay gone. Many sellers have 100s or 1000s of items and many of them in the same category.

So, how can 3 items "over extend" you?? over extend how????
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by beck:

3 items for 30 days? lol! Well, then you can get 90% of ebay gone. Many sellers have 100s or 1000s of items and many of them in the same category.

So, how can 3 items "over extend" you?? over extend how????

I don't get it either. I have had as many as 50 items in the audio category at one time. I'm sure this is something new, I just don't get it. Why would they want to limit a seller?
H_T_R_N

1 recommendation

H_T_R_N (banned) to jadinolf

to jadinolf
said by jadinolf:

It will never happen but eBay needs a competitor.

I have been a member of ebid.net for a while but never sold anything there. I think I'm going to start listing some stuff there and see how it goes.
biohazard326
join:2005-05-28
Romulus, MI

biohazard326 to H_T_R_N

to H_T_R_N
From Ebay
"In certain categories, for certain sellers, we limit the number of items that can be listed in a calendar month. These limits may apply to your account if:
You registered your account less than 90 days ago
You haven't sold multiple items in this category before
You haven't sold in this category in over a year
You have had eBay Buyer Protection cases opened for more than 3% of your total transactions in the last year"

So that's one thing there, I don't know if those apply to you but that is a main reason there I see.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by biohazard326:

From Ebay
"In certain categories, for certain sellers, we limit the number of items that can be listed in a calendar month. These limits may apply to your account if:
You registered your account less than 90 days ago
You haven't sold multiple items in this category before
You haven't sold in this category in over a year
You have had eBay Buyer Protection cases opened for more than 3% of your total transactions in the last year"

So that's one thing there, I don't know if those apply to you but that is a main reason there I see.

None of those apply. I get the first and last reasons, but the other 2 are stupid. They have hundred of categories, one need to ask permission for each of them, I know the rates in India are low but ....

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
everyone at ebay needs a swift kick in the nuts. they have screwed that site up so bad with all the outsourcing to third world shitholes that it's now unrecognizable from it's former glory.

that being said, i do sell hundreds of items a month, but they sent me a warning that i was getting close to my "limit" of sales. they can eat my ass. who the hell are they to tell me how much MY limit is?!?!?!?

(sorry---i have been drinking. it's Friday LOL)
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by quitaccount:

everyone at ebay needs a swift kick in the nuts. they have screwed that site up so bad with all the outsourcing to third world shitholes that it's now unrecognizable from it's former glory.

that being said, i do sell hundreds of items a month, but they sent me a warning that i was getting close to my "limit" of sales. they can eat my ass. who the hell are they to tell me how much MY limit is?!?!?!?

(sorry---i have been drinking. it's Friday LOL)

Have one for me, I'm feeling like shit.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount

Premium Member

said by H_T_R_N:

Have one for me, I'm feeling like shit.

i'll have 2 for ya