spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SpykeYs

join:2009-01-23

Will a DCM475 from videotron network work fine on teksavvy?

Will a DCM475 who was active on the videotron network with eBox works on the rogers network with teksavvy?

Thanks!

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

1 edit

Rogers is a bit picky about the firmware. We suggest you log into the modem & verify the software version.
You should be on STAC.02.16.

Martin

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to SpykeYs

at this point, everyone should try to use D3 modems, unless going for lite based speeds. They are future proof, an are much less hassle should there be node congestion.

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10

While that is true if buying a new modem, if OP already has a perfectly good DOCSIS 2.0 modem, there's no point getting a new modem unless he/she actually does run into issues such as congestion...in many areas the lower tiers run fine with the older standard.

koreyb

East York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

said by Scycotic:

While that is true if buying a new modem, if OP already has a perfectly good DOCSIS 2.0 modem, there's no point getting a new modem unless he/she actually does run into issues such as congestion...in many areas the lower tiers run fine with the older standard.

Although I agree.. with the install cost being $65 vs $45 if they buy a new modem, it is almost worth just getting the D3 modem and not have to fight with possible issues. Sell the D2 on ebay, and recoup the rest of the cost.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

Rogers is a bit picky about the firmware. We suggest you log into the modem & verify the software version.
You should be on STAC.02.50.

Martin

Martin, I think you're getting you modems/firmwares mixed up.

DCM475: STAC.02.16
DCM476: STAC.02.50

Are the approved firmwares for the Rogers network.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

edited post. thanks for catching it.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to koreyb

Why has Docsis 2 even come up in this thread?!? It is a moot point, the OP has a Docsis 3 modem!
--
electronicsguru.ca

SpykeYs

reply to SpykeYs

Hey Guys,

Yes the Modem I have is DCM475 a DOCSIS 3 modem..

How can I look at the firmware version ?

When I plug the modem directly to my computer, I can ping 192.168.100.1 but can't go to »192.168.100.1

Any idea ?

Thanks!

SpykeYs

reply to SpykeYs

Ok.. Did a reset on the modem and was able to get it..

So i'm at STAC.55.04

Can I activate this modem with tecksavvy on rogers network ?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to SpykeYs

said by SpykeYs:

When I plug the modem directly to my computer, I can ping 192.168.100.1 but can't go to »192.168.100.1

Is the coaxial cable still hooked up? I believe this is a Videotron thing, they block access to the modem's web pages.

Unplug the coaxial, reboot the modem, and you might then be able to access the web pages. If not, factory reset, but still no coaxial connection, and surely then

mlord and I upgrade modem firmware, if you need it. I'm in Toronto (downtown) and mlord is in Ottawa.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to SpykeYs

said by SpykeYs:

So i'm at STAC.55.04

Definitely not official, no. If you are near somebody who can upgrade it, I'd suggest trying it and see what happens. If you are far from potential upgrade, you'd probably want to ship it out for service ahead of signing up the account.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10
reply to Teddy Boom

Lol so true. My mistake, saw the third post and didn't look closely at OP.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to SpykeYs

said by SpykeYs:

Ok.. Did a reset on the modem and was able to get it..

So i'm at STAC.55.04

Can I activate this modem with tecksavvy on rogers network ?

The modem with that firmware will actually work just fine on the Rogers network. But they won't approve of it, and you'll get zero tech support.

The solution is to have it downgraded to STAC.02.16, after which it will still work fine, and will be "approved" and have "support".

I can do that here in Ottawa.

Cheers

SpykeYs

Hi mlord..

I'm in Ottawa I actually work downtown..

To have it downgraded, do I just have to plug it on a cable where roger is active ?

If not, any help would be appreciated on how I can downgrade it ..

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON

@SpykeYs; Contact mlord, »/useremail/u/1410402, he can downgrade the firmware on Modems.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to SpykeYs

said by SpykeYs:

Hi mlord..

I'm in Ottawa I actually work downtown..
To have it downgraded, do I just have to plug it on a cable where roger is active ?

No, Rogers only sends firmware to modems of their own customers, not TPIAs like Teksavvy.

I ask for a nominal $5 to modify firmware on a modem, at my home office in Bells Corners, Nepean. This involves opening up the modem (voiding any warranty), attaching clips to the flash chip, and reprogramming the firmware images while leaving the configuration and security stuff untouched. About 15 minutes, start to finish.

Send me a private/instant message to arrange.

Cheers

koreyb

East York, ON
reply to SpykeYs

Sorry... My understanding the 475 was a D2 modem... not a D3... in looking it up, it is a d3 modem.

My apologies..

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

edited post. thanks for catching it.

No problem.

Dmole

join:2008-07-11