Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious

Re: Path of Exile

said by Savious:

You can get up to 95% evasion as well. Chaos inoculation sounds sick with a really high ES build.

Supposedly there are 2 different builds you can go with for end game, hard core.

High ES build spec'd into Chaos Inoculation and then High EH build, just stacking health.

From what some people have said, Chaos Inoculation edges out a high health build. Simply because being completely immune to Chaos damage alone is OP.

You need the gear to support a CI build though. I tried spec'ing into CI early on at only level ~30 and it doesn't work well. Once your shield is blown, you're dead on the spot.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

So much to do..

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Clarity (boosts mana regen) and Discipline (boosts ES) aura gems go along way in helping a CI build out.

I learned a valuable lesson with auras...I now know why ppl don't always level their gems. Not sure if other gems do the same, but with these two, the higher the level, the more mana they "reserve", which takes away from your overall pool. I 've leveled them too high at the moment, and need to bring them back down, as combined, they're both taking a total of 350 out of my 656 total mana.

There is a recipe to de-level a gem. orb of scouring + the gem sold to a vendor gives you back the gem, minus one level.

Also, when using support gems, note that they have a cost associated with them as well. They tack on extra mana to the cost of the skill they're supporting, so getting too many supports on 1 attack can end up costing a lot of mana per cast.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Koil:

Also, when using support gems, note that they have a cost associated with them as well. They tack on extra mana to the cost of the skill they're supporting, so getting too many supports on 1 attack can end up costing a lot of mana per cast.

Ahhhh FFS. You serious?

Damn, didn't know that one :/

That's why I love this forum. You learn so much shit