Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rexter
YeeHaw

join:2002-11-17
cloud 9

[Outlook] Outlook 2007 not sending all mail

This is a bit hard to explain. Some times when I create an email, and hit send, the email goes in the outbox, but doesn't send. Other emails, both before, and after send, but this one remains. When I click sens/receive it shows both send, and receive status completed, but the message in question remains. I have confirmed that the recipient does not receive the email. Now what's interesting is the messages that get stuck in the out box have no date on them. I don't know why this is, or if it has anything to do with anything.
--
I'm with the Central Government. I'm here to help you. Now bend over, really, I'm helping you, just, just stay still. You'll feel better in a moment.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

Is there anything unusual about the contents of the messages that get stuck?

Rexter
YeeHaw

cloud 9

No, it's just a normal email to a single person.

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to Rexter

Some people are reporting this with the iCloud add-in in Outlook. If you have that, disable it and see if that helps.

Rexter
YeeHaw

cloud 9

Thanks for the idea. I'm not using icloud.

Kramer
Premium,Mod
Richmond, VA

How about anti-virus software? Are you using something that checks outgoing email? If so, try disabling the outgoing mail check. Also try disabling any foreign (not Microsoft) Outlook add-ins that may be misbehaving.

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
reply to Rexter

I would start outlook in safe mode (no add-ons) or disable add-ons to see if that helped or delete & recreate the mail account as relatively easy t/s steps.

Rexter
YeeHaw

cloud 9

The problem is that it is intermittent. You never know when it's going to do it. Usually it works fine. If you add a recipient to the cc line, on the one that is stuck, and then remove them it will usually send as a separate email, and then you can delete the original from the out box.

--
I'm with the Central Government. I'm here to help you. Now bend over, really, I'm helping you, just, just stay still. You'll feel better in a moment.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4
reply to Rexter

What kind of server are you using? Exchange? IMAP? POP?

Rexter
YeeHaw

cloud 9

pop

Kramer
Premium,Mod
Richmond, VA

I'd disable all plug-ins, check you AV settings and create a new Outlook profile, not just a new account.

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
Reviews:
·Prodigy Infinitum
reply to Rexter

Try repairing your outlook.pst file using the built-in tool scanpst.exe. See »office.microsoft.com/en-001/outl···831.aspx for instructions. Good luck.

Expand your moderator at work