·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
reply to DataRiker

Re: People are dumb enough to pay

I partially agree with you. However, the worst rip off in the US are not the post paid plans, but the prepaid ones, especially for the (poor) peo9ple who are trying to limit their use to the bare necessity. Also low minute post paid plans are extremely expensive in the US.
Prepaid plans are much better in Western European countries, so are low usage post paid plans.
It is not just about the price. 20 euro refill is valid for 12 months and even after that you get a few months to catch up without losing your phone number and credit. great for people using the phone only for SMS and emergencies.Also, the coverage on prepaid phones is usually the same as on post paid ones, including international coverage. BIG difference.
The true rip off comes with the broadband. the prices in the US are 2-3 times higher than in Germany for the same( or worse) product. Absolutely insane, but what do you want to do?

b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?

join:2004-09-07
Bellingham, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
said by cb14:

I partially agree with you. However, the worst rip off in the US are not the post paid plans, but the prepaid ones, especially for the (poor) peo9ple who are trying to limit their use to the bare necessity. Also low minute post paid plans are extremely expensive in the US.

Sure the pre-paid per minute rate is horrible but I have been using Verizon pre-paid for over a decade now. I get full coverage, plus roaming, even international roaming (Canada) and I only pay $15 a month as I have to buy a $30 card every 60 days unused money rolls over.
--
Bellingham Scanner Kicks Ass! »bhamscanner.kicks-ass.org/

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·callwithus
·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
Verizon is just about the only carrier left with the same coverage on prepaid and post paid plans. Alltel used to be, and MUCH cheaper. I still have my old Alltel plan on my Verizon prepaid which I use as a back up for my TMO phone. And yes they do offer international roaming but you will not get far with CDMA.