spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Foristality

join:2010-12-04
M2K 6T8

When and why are we getting speed upgrades.

I saw few comments about faster speeds, when are we getting them? Around what time?

Wasn't the CRTC/speed upgrades were declined or something.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 recommendation

as mentioned on other threads... TSI and all others connected via NON-AGGREGATED will not see speed upgrades until they move over to AGGREGATED.. TSI had to do this anyway by November of this year.. They are working on starting the process sooner, but no dates have been given or set, accept it will start within the next month or so.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Foristality

said by koreyb:

as mentioned on other threads... TSI and all others connected via NON-AGGREGATED will not see speed upgrades until they move over to AGGREGATED.. TSI had to do this anyway by November of this year.. They are working on starting the process sooner, but no dates have been given or set, accept it will start within the next month or so.

This needs to be top priority...1mbps upload is pathetic.

I can't even express how excited I am for 4 mbps or 3mbps or whatever it is we're getting. It'll make my job (That pays the bills) 3-4 times faster D: Maybe I'll be able to skype when someone else in my house is skyping or uploading an attachement to an email! GASP

jacketfeng

join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON

hopefully we can get the upgrade by summer.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Foristality

said by jacketfeng:

hopefully we can get the upgrade by summer.

Ugh that's so far away..

I can't even upload hd vids to my youtube channel without turning off my webcam or leaving it overnight when I go to sleep.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

if you need it now to upload, move to another provider until TSI can get the new packages or consider getting 25/10 DSL.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by jmck:

if you need it now to upload, move to another provider until TSI can get the new packages or consider getting 25/10 DSL.

That is assuming either are options. The other providers have pathetic caps and plenty of people in areas who cannot get 25/10 service.

videonerd

join:2007-01-21
reply to Optional

said by Optional:

Maybe I'll be able to skype when someone else in my house is skyping or uploading an attachement to an email! GASP

Use QoS on your router. Once it's properly set up (I'm running Tomato on a WRT54GL) VoIP and skype works fine as the router balances other traffic.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

said by jmck:

That is assuming either are options. The other providers have pathetic caps and plenty of people in areas who cannot get 25/10 service.

i'm not sure what world you live in, but 350GB/month is not pathetic for $59/month, especially with Bell now offering unlimited upgrades too on their packages for $10-30 depending on the bundle.

alpovs

join:2009-08-08

said by jmck:

i'm not sure what world you live in, but 350GB/month is not pathetic for $59/month,

Looks like you live in your own world. Most of the rest of the world doesn't even know the meaning of the "internet caps" term. Once I mentioned it to someone and they thought it was some kind of censorship.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to jmck

said by jmck:

i'm not sure what world you live in, but 350GB/month is not pathetic for $59/month, especially with Bell now offering unlimited upgrades too on their packages for $10-30 depending on the bundle.

Its 150GB and your second point is about Bell. I have no Bell services. So I have to go buy 2 other services worth more than the whole connection to get the bundle discount. Ya, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to videonerd

said by videonerd:

Use QoS on your router. Once it's properly set up (I'm running Tomato on a WRT54GL) VoIP and skype works fine as the router balances other traffic.

Even with QoS that is assuming there is enough bandwidth in the first place.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

said by jmck:

Its 150GB and your second point is about Bell. I have no Bell services. So I have to go buy 2 other services worth more than the whole connection to get the bundle discount. Ya, that makes a whole lot of sense.

It's 350GB as shaded correctly stated, or 250GB for the package with 3Mbps upload which is the upgrade for the out-going 28/1.

Btw, you don't need a bundle to get the unlimited promotion, just the cheaper rate of $10 instead of $30. Which is $5 then Rogers' long gone over usage cap.

25/10 from Bell is $57.95, + $30, is $87.95. TekSavvy's current unlimited 25/10 is $77.99 + $8, which is $85.99. There's dry loop fees too, can't find them easily on Bell's website. But as you can see with the new unlimited offerings from Bell, the service is more or less on par with TekSavvy's pricing now.

Etobicoke, ON

said by TypeS:

It's 350GB as shaded correctly stated, or 250GB for the package with 3Mbps upload which is the upgrade for the out-going 28/1.

I'm not even on that speed tier and you're assuming that is what I want.

said by TypeS:

Btw, you don't need a bundle to get the unlimited promotion, just the cheaper rate of $10 instead of $30. Which is $5 then Rogers' long gone over usage cap.

25/10 from Bell is $57.95, + $30, is $87.95. TekSavvy's current unlimited 25/10 is $77.99 + $8, which is $85.99. There's dry loop fees too, can't find them easily on Bell's website. But as you can see with the new unlimited offerings from Bell, the service is more or less on par with TekSavvy's pricing now.

But its still Bell.. no thanks.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by 34764170:

said by TypeS:

I'm not even on that speed tier and you're assuming that is what I want.

No, I assumed nothing. Optional , mentioned the 35/3 and 45/4 packages whereas you never made any mention as to what tier you're on. You also responded to shaded who was responding to Optional. Maybe next time you should make a more clear post.

Love or hate Bell, they are now price matching the TPIAs. And when I had Bell when it was Symptico and Rogers Hi Speed 2 years go, I never once had an issue with reliability or stability of the their internet services. Just their pricing.

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by TypeS:

Love or hate Bell, they are now price matching the TPIAs. And when I had Bell when it was Symptico and Rogers Hi Speed 2 years go, I never once had an issue with reliability or stability of the their internet services. Just their pricing.

I don't trust Bell/Rogers/Cogeco/Videotron to have good pricing without wholesalers.
That is reason not to go with Bell/Rogers/Cogeco/Videotron.

jdoe71

join:2008-02-07
L0L0L0

+1. Thank you for saying that. I had no issue with Bell pricing, what I had issue with is their crappy service, the games they play and the lousy way they treat long term customers. A Bell free household is a much nicer place.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

There's dry loop fees too, can't find them easily on Bell's website.

Last I checked, Bell does not charge "dry loop fees" to their own customers.
That's a TPIA thing (instigated by the CRTC/Bell, yes).

sourtimes

join:2012-12-16
York, ON

The last thing I want to do is go back to Rogers or Bell and have to waste my precious time pouring over my monthly bills when they come. Wasting time to catch all the 'billing errors' they make month in and out, trying to steal some extra.

bdoyledimou

join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON
reply to mlord

said by mlord:

said by TypeS:

There's dry loop fees too, can't find them easily on Bell's website.

Last I checked, Bell does not charge "dry loop fees" to their own customers.
That's a TPIA thing (instigated by the CRTC/Bell, yes).

If you do not have a POTS line from Bell -- you pay dry loop fee -- (or at least I did back when i had Bell DSL and no Phone service)