spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NorCal1911

join:2013-02-14
Sunnyvale, CA

Business Class - Are Usenet/Newsgroups a issue?

I'm considering getting Business Class service installed at home since my bandwidth from Sonic.net isn't that great (and recently got worse). Things on the Comcast end were almost looking great for me until I read some mentions about Usenet/Newsgroup from their Acceptable Use Policy.

My question to Business Class users, do they actually even care about Usenet traffic? A large majority of my monthly bandwidth is SSL Usenet and the last thing I want to do is sign up for new service only to run into issues down the line.

Thanks!

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

Traffic is traffic on business class - they don't care as long as you're not breaking the law.

How much usenet traffic are you expecting?
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

csiemers

join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR
reply to NorCal1911

I use UseNet all the time on my Business Class line. Sometimes downloading 200-300 GB in a month and have had zero issues.
--
»www.caryontech.com

fonzbear2000
Premium
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
reply to NorCal1911

I'm on a residential account and they don't care about usenet traffic so I'm sure they won't care about it on business.
--
»A pretty good alernative to bit torrent and newsgroups

NorCal1911

join:2013-02-14
Sunnyvale, CA
reply to JohnInSJ

Right now on a 4/1 DSL line, I'm pulling in about 600GB a month. With a faster connection, I would imagine this will go up to 900GB or so a month. This is pretty much total traffic per month though, I don't have anything else that equates to any significant amount of traffic.

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

You'll be fine.