spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sharparm

@comcast.net

cancel uverse and sign back up?

I want to take advantage of the promotion price. Can i just cancel my tv + hsi service today and then tomorrow call and order service again and they will treat me as a new customer and give me their promotional price?

thanks!

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

My first thought is whether the actual termination fee would make it worth it

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to sharparm

And, they may have "must not have been a customer for the prior 30 days" provision. Pretty sure they have that; pretty sure I have seen it.

In addition: might there be start-up/sign-up/install fees to consider?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to sharparm

said by sharparm :

I want to take advantage of the promotion price. Can i just cancel my tv + hsi service today and then tomorrow call and order service again and they will treat me as a new customer and give me their promotional price?

There is generally a "cooling off" period. Could be as short as 30 days, up to 6 months. 60 to 90 days is most common. You should check the requirements at the availability web site to be certain.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Sharparm

@comcast.net

I'm not on any contract right now so there would be no penlalty for leaving. Anybody have a link to what the "cooling off" period is? I know for Comcast its 180 days but I haven't heard anything from AT&T.

Also if they do have some cooling off period, can't I just use my wife's or son's name on the account so it seems its a new person that moved in?

burns113

join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY
reply to sharparm

Have you tried calling retentions? I'm within $10 of my promo price, and when I told my brother who had been off promo for almost a year they gave him the promo pricing I had before.

Sharparm

@comcast.net

Yes I called Retentions and all they did was upgrade me to U300 for the same price of U200. Nothing else.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable

Did you call and tell them you simply want to cancel, rather than just ask for a price break? They should ask why and you can tell them the price is too high.

If you have done some research, you can also mention better deals with Dish, DirecTV, cable, or various satellite resellers. You can see what they would then offer you.

In other words, they may not offer you their best deal until they know they will otherwise lose you. Their scripts may be set up this way, so the average call center person cannot offer you a better deal until you mention specific keywords. At that point, of course, they will just do whatever they can to get you committed to a new deal, so they can move on to the next caller so their stats don't suffer too much.

They probably school employees on this using those recordings they make of every call for "training and quality purposes."
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb