spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

faust78

@bhn.net

[Internet] BHN Lightning issues with XBox in Orlando

I recently upgraded my Brighthouse Internet to Lightning, and since then my XBox will randomly sign out of Hulu, won't connect to my pc to stream videos, and performance in general seems wonky. I have a Ubee modem, which replaced my old belkin router with when I upgraded. The Xbox is wired, everything else is wireless. ANy suggestions?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Not until I look at the modem...please open a direct thread as well...include your IP address and I'll take a look.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to faust78

Faust from an operational perspective everything should be working fine...no signal or otherwise issues that I can see. Please explain the connecting to your PC to stream videos thing a bit more.

faust78

join:2013-02-15
Orlando, FL

While using XBox, it will randomly sign out of Hulu, Netflix, and Xbox Live. I'm able to sign back in right away, but usually it will just sign out again after just a few minutes.

faust78

Orlando, FL

Also, prehaps, unrelated, idk, but when trying to stream videos from Windows Media Player on my Windows 8 computer to watch on the Xbox, it rarely displays my computer as an option, although it does display occassionally.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to faust78

Have you done any searches for Windows 8 related issues in this area? I must confess I do not have the ability to duplicate a Windows 8 issue at this time. As for the other issue are you dropping out of Xbox Live of just Hulu?

faust78

Orlando, FL

Netflix, Xbox VIdeo, Xbox Music, and Hulu all randomly disconnect. I've seen some posts online about issues with the Ubee box and Xbox, and users needing tech support to switch the modem into bridge mode and use a seperate router. Do you think that would help?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to faust78

Disregard other Ubee posts as the majority are pre-updates to the device that resolve those issues.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to faust78

As for bridging we can do that however before you do what make/model router would you connect instead?

faust78

Orlando, FL

I have a Belkin N150 I could use. It was what I was using prior to upgrading to Lightning

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to faust78

The max Wan to Lan speed for that router is 50.5mbps best case and therefore would NOT be a good choice to use with a bridged modem with Lightning.