Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to BigReds42

Premium Member

to BigReds42

Re: SWTOR

said by BigReds42:

Therein lies the problem... people buying into over-hype.

You missed the point. The amount of resources EA put into development of SWTOR meant that it's success or failure was going to make significant waves in the industry. The amount of sales and long term subscriptions it received wasn't enough to justify it's cost. It is now highly unlikely that anyone else will sink massive amounts of resources into a subscription MMO.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I think you are mostly on the mark football but I remember when 100M for Waterworld (the stinker movie) was such a calamity back then, but now it's no biggie to hit the 100M for a normal movie. People have short memories and tons of cheap cash sloshing around in the world!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to footballdude

MVM

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by BigReds42:

Therein lies the problem... people buying into over-hype.

You missed the point. The amount of resources EA put into development of SWTOR meant that it's success or failure was going to make significant waves in the industry. The amount of sales and long term subscriptions it received wasn't enough to justify it's cost. It is now highly unlikely that anyone else will sink massive amounts of resources into a subscription MMO.

In the end, who gives a shit.

BigReds42 likes playing the game. He brings up some very valid points. Was it over-hyped? Oh yes. Did it have no end game? Oh yes. He is merely saying that the game is fun for him, and while others here may disagree, it doesn't matter because this is America and the game is free to play. No skin off your ass or anyone else here who thinks the game is weak or is shit.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by Nightfall:

He obviously does since he asked us for actual arguments, which we gave him. Can't blame us for that.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by TigerLord:

said by Nightfall:

He obviously does since he asked us for actual arguments, which we gave him. Can't blame us for that.

True that. I am just saying in the end, it doesn't matter.

This is playing out like a tastes great, less filling commercial.

Time to move on.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Tastes Great > Less Filling

And you're old for using that reference. And I'm old for getting it. Fuck it let's go get a beer.