Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

1 edit

El Quintron

Premium Member

[Mods] Nexus 4 Root and Flash but what?

Looking for people's feedback between CyanogenMOD, JBSourcery, AOKP, and Miui (if it's still around)

I've used CM and CNA pretty extensively, and I've tried Miui a couple of times. I haven't tried ,JBSourcery removed as pre below or AOKP.

Just throwing this out, all comments welcome.

EQ

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 edit

PeeWee

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

Looking for people's feedback between CyanogenMOD, JBSourcery, AOKP, and Miui (if it's still around)

I've used CM and CNA pretty extensively, and I've tried Miui a couple of times. I haven't tried JBSourcery or AOKP.

Just throwing this out, all comments welcome.

EQ

JBSourcery is not built for the Nexus 4. I have it on my GNex (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). Do more research, or you will have a brick!
Read..
»reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobil ··· 0010413/
and
»rootzwiki.com/forum/546-nexus-4/
and everything else you can find until you know enough to choose with confidence.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by PeeWee:

JBSourcery is not built for the Nexus 4. I have it on my GNex (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). Do more research, or you will have a brick!

Not to worry, I probably would've figured that out when it came time to download, I'll cross it off the list.

Thanks
EQ

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
CM, AOKP, Miui, AOSPA...there are a ton of options. A lot of them are based on CM as well, so it makes it even more convoluted.

Your best bet is try each and see which you like best.

Since you'd be starting fresh, it would take much to go back to the one you like. Or if you're really lazy, install one, make a back up, install the next, rinse and repeat....then just load the back up of the one you like and delete the other back ups.

I have an S3 and I'm partial to AOKP. Mainly because the developer for the ROM I use is incredible. If you're not a regular over at XDA, I strongly recommend you look around there. See what others are saying

»forum.xda-developers.com ··· p?f=1907
adrman
Premium Member
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY

adrman to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
As others have already stated, head over to xda-developers, try a few and see. It really depends on what you're looking for. I use rasbeanjelly and lean kernel on my gnex, but I prefer a fast, minimalist setup. It sounds like you desire more customization than it offers, but there is a version of rasbeanjelly for the n4 as well.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by adrman:

As others have already stated, head over to xda-developers, try a few and see. It really depends on what you're looking for. I use rasbeanjelly and lean kernel on my gnex, but I prefer a fast, minimalist setup. It sounds like you desire more customization than it offers, but there is a version of rasbeanjelly for the n4 as well.

I'm pretty familiar with XDA, I was trying to see what you guys preferred, I'll check out rasbeanjelly, though as I haven't heard about it before now.
adrman
Premium Member
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY

adrman

Premium Member

It's aosp based, no theming, just what's necessary with a few tweaks.

chmod
Premium Member
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL

chmod to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
PA or AOKP with the krait optimizations would be my choice.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by chmod:

PA or AOKP with the krait optimizations would be my choice.

Forgot about PA, thanks for reminding me.

EQ

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
i am a fan of AOKP

chmod
Premium Member
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL

chmod to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
Click for full size
PA with faux enhanced stock 4.2.2 kernel. About 20 hours on mobile network I always forget to turn wifi off.