spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd to RogersElise

to RogersElise

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

I used online chat today thinking it will be an instant switch over, but the agent said my request has been escalated to the proper department. She said I will be contacted by email or phone once the offer kicks in. Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by Pesterd:

Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.

That what they told me as well; 70% off on $139.99 (ultimate with $10 unlimited and modem rental and it would work out to be $41.99) but yyzlhr is saying it will only apply to $129.99 (ultimate and modem rental but not on the $10 for unlimited) and honestly I'm more inclined to believe what yyzlhr is saying, he seems to have a ton of inside news.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by technocar2:

said by Pesterd:

Also, I asked what the discount will be for me and she said discount of 70% will apply on $104.99 (Extreme Plus unlimited). Lets see where it goes.

That what they told me as well; 70% off on $139.99 (ultimate with $10 unlimited and modem rental and it would work out to be $41.99) but yyzlhr is saying it will only apply to $129.99 (ultimate and modem rental but not on the $10 for unlimited) and honestly I'm more inclined to believe what yyzlhr is saying, he seems to have a ton of inside news.

Unless things have changed there's no $10 unlimited for ultimate. Unlimited for ultimate is only available for non triple play customers for $30.
Aaerox
join:2011-09-27
North York, ON

Aaerox

Weird. I was apparently given $10 unlimited on my Old Ultimate with higher upload plan. (75/10) Maybe I should call in and verify.
caca
join:2012-11-19
Kitchener, ON

caca to RogersElise

to RogersElise
Rogers already gives you the fastest Hi-Speed Internet in the most homes with speeds up to 150Mbps1 on our Ultimate package. Now you can add unlimited internet to any package too! Download, upload, and stream without worrying! thats from there site so it should include ultimate
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

amd64now to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
I just called again and yyzlhr is right. My bill simulation with ultimate at 70% discount came out with $30 not discounted. I never applied it yet as I am looking now at downgrading service to make up for it.
Pesterd

Pesterd

That's what I did to make up a bit for potential no discount on $30. Went from Ultimate + 80GB to Extreme Plus + Unlimited.
amd64now
canada

amd64now

said by Pesterd:

That's what I did to make up a bit for potential no discount on $30. Went from Ultimate + 80GB to Extreme Plus + Unlimited.

Good Advise, I did the same as you. Double confirmation when I applied it. The agent said she just came from a meeting about it. Double checked and the $30 is not discounted. She also needed to tell customers that after the promo period, adding home phone will not give unlimited for $10. Subject to change of course she said based on the promotion.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to RogersElise

to RogersElise
yyzlhr do you when the unlimited plans are actually going to be launched in the system?
amd64now
canada

amd64now to RogersElise

to RogersElise
The codes are in the system. The rep did mine and its applied. It is not fully unlimited. Here is what you will see in your portal

Limit of 976562 GB Monthly Usage
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

Its more than enough, even the 150mbps won't reach more than 50000 GB in a month if it were left on 24/7 @ 150mbps.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to amd64now

to amd64now
can someone confirm, as a new customer do they get the 70% off internet, if so is it just for ultimate, if not what other discounts are avaiable for new customers

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to amd64now

to amd64now
said by amd64now:

Limit of 976562 GB Monthly Usage

Of course there's a catch!! XD it would take just over 600 days of non-stop downloading on ultimate to reach that.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Its more than enough, even the 150mbps won't reach more than 50000 GB in a month if it were left on 24/7 @ 150mbps.

Yea, but the bottom line. Rogers are lying through their teeth. Unlimited means unlimited. No ifs, ands or buts.

Figures them scumbags would pull a fast one.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to RogersElise

to RogersElise
Rogers and Bell fought hard for UBB now they are offering unlimited even though they said their networks couldn't handle it so what changed?

I can tell you whats changed they Lied then and they are trying to be sneaky now.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by technocar2:

Yea, but the bottom line. Rogers are lying through their teeth. Unlimited means unlimited. No ifs, ands or buts.

Figures them scumbags would pull a fast one.

A fast one that wouldn't ever affect anyone. You bored or just got an axe to grind?

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by BACONATOR26:

A fast one that wouldn't ever affect anyone. You bored or just got an axe to grind?

Sorry. You're a little bit late to the firefight. That was earlier, this afternoon. We had a regular brawl here.

NOW: Granted, this "unlimited" cap on Rogers part means nothing in the short term to anyone. What it does reflect in is the Big picture. This is just another example of Rogers saying one thing and doing another. Unlimited is unlimited, nothing less. Any sort of cap is unacceptable be it enforced or not.

Some think true unlimited internet is not possible. If that is the case Rogers advertisement needs to reflect that fact.

The law in Canada states that if you advertise an item you have to be able to make that exact item available. It doesn't say "almost or nearly" or "the next best thing".
said by Parliament :

The Canadian Code of Advertising Standards

1. Accuracy and Clarity

In assessing the truthfulness and accuracy of a message, advertising claim or representation under Clause 1 of the Code the concern is not with the intent of the sender or precise legality of the presentation. Rather the focus is on the message, claim or representation as received or perceived, i.e. the general impression conveyed by the advertisement.

(a) Advertisements must not contain inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise misleading claims, statements, illustrations or representations, either direct or implied, with regard to any identified or identifiable product(s) or service(s).

(b) Advertisements must not omit relevant information in a manner that, in the result, is deceptive.

(c) All pertinent details of an advertised offer must be clearly and understandably stated.

(d) Disclaimers and asterisked or footnoted information must not contradict more prominent aspects of the message and should be located and presented in such a manner as to be clearly visible and/or audible.

(e) Both in principle and practice, all advertising claims and representations must be supportable. If the support on which an advertised claim or representation depends is test or survey data, such data must be reasonably competent and reliable, reflecting accepted principles of research design and execution that characterize the current state of the art. At the same time, however, such research should be economically and technically feasible, with due recognition of the various costs of doing business.

(f) The advertiser must be clearly identified in an advocacy advertisement.

»www.adstandards.com/en/s ··· rds.aspx
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned) to Viper359

to Viper359
said by Viper359:

Both Rogers and Bell can go to hell.

add Cox Communications to that list.

Would i pay $10 Extra per month for Unlimited Internet no Cap Hell yes do they have that no. why its called Greedy.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to elitefx

to elitefx
It's likely what is displayed in their system is just a limitation of the current setup and they probably have to put some number in there. Until someone who pays for unlimited service gets charged for going over no one can claim they are not providing what they say they are.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by Samgee:

It's likely what is displayed in their system is just a limitation of the current setup and they probably have to put some number in there. Until someone who pays for unlimited service gets charged for going over no one can claim they are not providing what they say they are.

I agree 1000%. Just pointing out an opposing point of view. Didn't realize I'd ruffle so many feathers..........

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

FastEddie to elitefx

to elitefx

(topic move) Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited t

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 8 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to elitefx

to elitefx

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by elitefx:

NOW: Granted, this "unlimited" cap on Rogers part means nothing in the short term to anyone. What it does reflect in is the Big picture. This is just another example of Rogers saying one thing and doing another. Unlimited is unlimited, nothing less. Any sort of cap is unacceptable be it enforced or not.

Are you smoking crack? The value given for the "unlimited" cap is somewhere between 1 PETABYTE and 1 PEBIBYTE (It looks like they used 1 quadrillion bytes (SI petabyte), and divided by 1024000000 (cross between SI and binary gigabyte) to get the value in gigabytes, which is why the result is somewhere between the 10^15 and 2^50 bytes).

Not only does that mean nothing in the short term, but it means nothing for the foreseeable future as well. Do you know what kind of speeds you would have to sustain 24 hours per day for 31 days to exceed that cap in a given month? Google does:

»www.google.ca/search?q=9 ··· r+second

For those that don't want to check the link, the answer is just shy of 3000 megabits per second.

I know it's fun to bash Rogers and all, but there must be better things to attack than a cap that will not be exceeded for many MANY years to come.
kavmac
join:2011-10-20
Ottawa, ON

kavmac to cdeen

to cdeen
absolutely not true. i've got the cisco dpc3825, which is $7/month and can get unlimited on all plans, as they were about to give me unlimited on the old ultimate plan last night. only upgrade required is for the new 150/10. so don't just state something that's a lie for others to take at your word.
kavmac

kavmac to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
and here's a direct confirmation from Rogers for everyone:
Tuffcalc
join:2012-08-04

Tuffcalc to kavmac

to kavmac
Is it possible to get unlimited with the DPC3825? They are saying I have to "upgrade" to the Hitron modem.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by Tuffcalc:

Is it possible to get unlimited with the DPC3825? They are saying I have to "upgrade" to the Hitron modem.

Bullshit. The cap has nothing do with the modem.
Tuffcalc
join:2012-08-04

Tuffcalc

said by BACONATOR26:

said by Tuffcalc:

Bullshit. The cap has nothing do with the modem.

It isn't BS if the rogers system won't allow you to upgrade to unlimited without the Hi-Tron.

Has anyone upgraded to unlimited with the Cisco DPC?
Pesterd

Pesterd

Well the person submitted a form for ultimate for me, on the SMC modem. Just sharing my exp. Said I should get it within 3-5 days. I thought it was going to be an instant change starting on the 19th?
kavmac
join:2011-10-20
Ottawa, ON

kavmac

don't hold your breath. i called saturday, had the form filled out, nothing on file but my cable cancellation request when the RogersHelps team looked into it last night. might as well call and get it done right away.
kavmac

1 edit

kavmac to Tuffcalc

to Tuffcalc
not sure. it was a long time between responses for a bit. i questioned the $152.99 as i was on the older plan since nobody wanted to confirm that i could get 150/10 here in ottawa (i already knew it was available in kanata). never mentioned the modem change, but i suppose that would've been where the conversation went had i agreed to the ultimate package. 35 down is fine for me, before i switched to rogers for internet i was on 6 down with acanac dsl, so i've just been plan hopping as usage needs change for the caps. i'll take $65 unlimited at 35 down over $92 for ultimate speed that i don't really need.

edit: sorry, you can get unlimited with the cisco box, however i cannot confirm if unlimited ultimate is available.