Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Gone

Re: rogers matchs bell for unlimited usage on internet

said by Gone:

said by JCohen:

Shaw has been offering unlimited for a while now as for Telus they just lowered their caps from 500GB to 250GB.

I doubt we'll see anything from Cogeco, either.

Because Bell/Rogers/vTL all compete in the same areas, gougeco has only Bell and since in so much of their territory you can't get more then 5mb from a DSL service, there is nothing to compete against.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by elwoodblues:

Because Bell/Rogers/vTL all compete in the same areas, gougeco has only Bell and since in so much of their territory you can't get more then 5mb from a DSL service, there is nothing to compete against.

That's definitely true in Quebec, but becoming less and less so in Ontario. The entire west-end of Lake Ontario is Cogeco territory and it's all now good for Bell 50/10 and Fibe TV.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
rogers web page says the unlimited offer ends on march 31, lol, im betting its going to be a perment feature, but still a ripoff for $30 if i can get it cheaper from tpia's, even if i couldnt i will never give robbers my money again

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
This isn't so much about getting business back from the GAS and TPIA providers, it's about keeping their current bundle customers who suddenly get a bill for $80 or whatever and then plan to jump ship. This way they can say $10 unlimited, and you keep your bundle discounts. The writing is on the wall over the CBB rates, and this is probably the best way they could react.

On the topic of Cogeco though, if their CBB rates are slashed considerably (and I expect they will be seeing as how they had the most expensive rates of anyone) then something like this might be the only way for them to respond to prevent an even larger hemmorage to TPIAs. Teksavvy is also now Cogeco ATPIA. Things just got a whole lot more painful for their retail side.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by elwoodblues:

That's definitely true in Quebec, but becoming less and less so in Ontario. The entire west-end of Lake Ontario is Cogeco territory and it's all now good for Bell 50/10 and Fibe TV.

I though you said n a different thread (or this one?) that you couldn't get more then 6/1 from BELL and didn't expect anything else?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
I'm on Lake Erie, not Ontario.