uniqs

PToN
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

PToN

Premium Member

Re: VoIP system

Well technically the company is 400 people. I am only counting the employees that use or may use phones and that's just above 150. However, i know for a fact that since we only pay for the xxx-xxx-50xx, we are using less than 100 extensions.

200 would be an absolute max that we may never reach.

I like the idea of using something like Digium Asterisk with cisco desk phones.

But if i can get a full cisco solution for a decent price, i'd go with it. Next monday i ll be making some calls to see what the pricing would be. We are also getting Mitel trying to upsale upgrades for our current system (inter-tel axxess 9.something ).

Thanks.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Cisco for sure, they have built in Vlan abilities so QOS is simple, something allot may not think about if they not really network knowledgeable. I assume you have the switches / routers and bandwidth to properly support 200 VOIP users?

fcisler
Premium Member
join:2004-06-14
Riverhead, NY

fcisler to PToN

Premium Member

to PToN
said by PToN:

But if i can get a full cisco solution for a decent price, i'd go with it. Next monday i ll be making some calls to see what the pricing would be.

hahahaha. hahaha. No seriously, I'm chuckling that that. Please post the price when you get it. If you can't for one reason or another, post how much more expensive it is versus a comparable solution. Nothing (new) Cisco is cheap. It also requires an AVVID (I believe) design it and "Cisco" sign off on it.

While this does have the advantage of removing "shady bob" from selling you the sun and delivering a desk lamp, it is time consuming. You also said that you had an IVR. That adds to the cost a bit.