uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to TypeS

to TypeS

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by TypeS:

Still better than paying $52.99 + up to $100 in over usage fees. It's a step in the right direction and no doubt caused by pricing pressure from TekSavvy, Start, & Distributel.

Competition drives prices DOWN not up. It's not even close to a step in the right direction. Half the price of a tier is to cover the bandwidth/cap. $30 unlimited is nothing more than useage INSURANCE which is the same as those extended warranties stores charge that the whole planet knows is nothing more than the biggest ripoff in town.

As I posted in another thread back awhile, Rogers and Bell are in bed together ever since the MLSE deal and price fixing is alive and well in Canada.

Lot of folks thought I was off the mark but this ALMOST IDENTICAL Bell/Rogers unlimited offer is further proof of collusion.
said by Dictionary :

Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage. It is an agreement among firms or individuals to divide a market, set prices, limit production or limit opportunities.[1] It can involve "wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties".[2] In legal terms, all acts affected by collusion are considered void.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

If I where to subscribe right now to Rogers 25/2 plan before the 19th, my total bill would most likely be close $153/month + taxes. Now it would be $82.99/month + taxes after the 19th with the unlimited option. That is a huge reduction on a monthly bill. It might not fit the definition of a literal price reduction but the consumer still sees a huge savings. And it's useful insurance if it gets used every month. You may not use that much data but there sure are a lot of others that do. The pricing still isn't what it's better than what has been offered up until now.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by TypeS:

Still better than paying $52.99 + up to $100 in over usage fees. It's a step in the right direction and no doubt caused by pricing pressure from TekSavvy, Start, & Distributel.

Competition drives prices DOWN not up.

Previous cost of 25/2 unlimited from Rogers: $171.75
New cost of 25/2 unlimited from Rogers: $92.65

Yes, it's still a rip-off, but that is very obviously "down" and not "up". Which means it's moving in the correct direction.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom

said by bt:

said by elitefx:

said by TypeS:

Competition drives prices DOWN not up.

That is very obviously "down" and not "up".

but how many people actually paid robbers the $171, any1 using that much bandwidth left them along time ago

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to bt

to bt
said by bt:

Yes, it's still a rip-off, but that is very obviously "down" and not "up". Which means it's moving in the correct direction.

As in all pricing scenarios, one can make an argument for and against.

I submit that the benefit to Rogers users will only be to a SELECT FEW and will in no way improve the customer experience/affordability for the vast majority.

Rogers is once again demonstrating a total lack of concern regarding pricing/caps and a willingness to listen to their customers.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

Well Said!
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

I submit that the benefit to Rogers users will only be to a SELECT FEW and will in no way improve the customer experience/affordability for the vast majority.

Which still means it's a step in the right direction.

I don't think any of us here are trying to argue that they don't have (a lot) further to go beyond this offer.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to elitefx

to elitefx
Rogers is now offering unlimited Internet for an extra $30month. Time to switch back? Oh wait... I pay $52 tax included and get 300GB usage with Teksavvy... Good try Rogers. Good try.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

said by geokilla:

Rogers is now offering unlimited Internet for an extra $30month. Time to switch back? Oh wait... I pay $52 tax included and get 300GB usage with Teksavvy... Good try Rogers. Good try.

And they don't for now check your usage as well... So its really unlimited.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to bt

to bt
my house hold of 5 use between 300-500gb/mnth w/6mb dsl
paying now $37+tx 6mb dsl, $30+tx pots
will cancel both of the above and use voip from freephoneline, we hardly ever use the damn phone anyways w/ 5 cellphones in the house.

just signed up w/rogers, $66 +tx express 25/2 w/unlimited usage, free modem rental/free install, its the only service i have/getting from rogers
6mnth promo deal, can call to cancel from 1week to 5month to see if they will continue/better the offer
if not, by then aggregate should be fully done i then can goto to an indie like start or tsi,