spc
Search similar:

uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

anyway to ship contents with verification?

if party a wants to ship something to party b

it is all based on trust?

party b can falsify on what they actually received in the package

say it was tickets to an event

they can say shipper forgot to include the tickets

and likely they law will be on his side?

let's discuss ...

thank you...

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Go check with a Notary Public & see if they can help with your needs.
Expand your moderator at work

pike
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

pike to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX

Re: anyway to ship contents with verification?

said by inGearX:

and likely they law will be on his side?

What law? You need to be more specific. Most carriage is an unregulated private contract, there's no law involved.

vsimple
@optonline.net

vsimple to inGearX

Anon

to inGearX
Bring open package to 3rd party shipper. Have them witness what's in the package, then seal and ship in front of them.

/thread
Expand your moderator at work

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to inGearX

to inGearX

Re: anyway to ship contents with verification?

I always photograph items I sell on ebay... photos of the packing, the item, etc.

Has helped with shipping insurance claims more than once

I suspect it would help with a thief receiver as well.

MagMan
Life is simpler when you tell the truth.
Premium Member
join:2003-10-01
Westlake, OH

MagMan to vsimple

Premium Member

to vsimple
said by vsimple :

Bring open package to 3rd party shipper. Have them witness what's in the package, then seal and ship in front of them.

/thread

That's to easy.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to vsimple

Premium Member

to vsimple
I've done something similar; I took a video of the contents of the package, and me sealing the package and placing it in a mailbox. The recipient actually didn't try to pull anything but it was nice to know I had the video if I needed it.
mocycler
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22

mocycler to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
My buddy sells tickets on line all the time and this has actually happened to him.

He records the serial number of every ticket he ships. If there is a problem later he can contact the box office and have those tickets voided & reissued. There is usually a service fee for this, which he has to eat, but at least he does not get ripped off for the entire cost of the ticket.

One time he accepted a check for some Chicago Cubs tickets. It was a regular customer so he was ok with taking a check this time. Well, the check bounced, and numerous calls and emails to resolve the matter were blown off. I wish I could have seen the look on that clown's face when he showed up at Wrigley Field with three important business clients and none of the tickets were valid! My friend ended up selling the tickets to someone else so all he lost was the service fees.

Also, if the sale is done too close to the date of the event to have tickets reissued (sometimes it's the same day), then you can still use the serial numbers to verify if the tickets were actually used. If you have delivery confirmation and the tickets were used, tell the buyer to shove it.

So there's no need to fart around with videotaping or notaries or any of that shit. If the receiver claims the sender "forgot" the tickets, just refund the money and have the tickets voided. This works for all major sporting events and most concerts.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Your method is one of "recovery" after the fact. What ever method works, I would want one that has the highest success rate of "prevention". If the buyer has something telling/showing them that precautions have been taken with a shipment, I would think it would be less likely to have a bad ending.