spc
uniqs
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr to quickdry21

to quickdry21

Re: [Rant] Driving in Montreal

One thing I don't get about Montreal is that the cops don't seem to care. Several times, I've seen cars going at least 30 km/h over the limit, weaving in and out of lanes without signaling, right past a cop car and nothing happened.

I bet if the cops started ticketing everyone who did that, people would shape up pretty quickly.

just U wait
@videotron.ca

just U wait

Anon

said by jobr:

One thing I don't get about Montreal is that the cops don't seem to care. Several times, I've seen cars going at least 30 km/h over the limit, weaving in and out of lanes without signaling, right past a cop car and nothing happened.

Do they ticket people in toronto for not using a signal to change lanes on the highway? I've never saw that. Ever. Only on TV.

Maneuvering happens to fast. No time for a signal. You have to hurry up and cut in or the car behind you in the other lane will floor it and prevent you from cutting in if he see's your turn signal.

I chalk it up to you being young and not knowing how to drive in traffic. Or Toronto is really that different from the rest of the world.

Obviously, you wouldn't survive Boston. You would have a nervous breakdown.

It's like what "bender" stated. But I tell you, when I drove in Toronto, its like people just aren't aware of their surroundings. It's like they pick a point in the sky and follow that. While Boston was was one hell of an eye-opener, nothing beat Toronto for idiot drivers. But then again, after learning people hit you there just to get insurance money, maybe there is a method to the madness there.

I found NYC to be the same as Montreal in regards to driving habits.