Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grantsa4

join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

Are you happy with your service?

Hi,

I wanted to get some feedback on peoples happiness with their Comcast service before I take the plunge.

So, are you happy?
How long have you been a customer?

Thanks for any feedback.

GTFan

join:2004-12-03

Sure.

A long time.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to grantsa4

Service has been generally trouble free and when I've had issues, they have been corrected quickly. E.g. when I was having signal quality issues, a tech came out on Sunday, installed a new line to my house and gave me his cell phone number just in case.

I'd say service for cable, internet and phone has been 99% trouble free.

Been a customer almost 8 years now

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to grantsa4

I had Comcast internet and tv for the last 6 years. The service is great. In that time I lost internet service 2 times for about an hr. A couple of time lost tv and internet due to bad storms
I had voice added 2 years ago with no problems.
--
Caddy

logger

join:2012-06-14
Carmel, NY
reply to grantsa4

I was not happy with Comcast service; that is why I stopped being a customer.

I was a customer of the same cable TV system for about 20 years before Comcast bought it. The previous owners provided what they stated was included in the service tier that I subscribed to; Comcast did not. When I reported those problems to Comcast, Comcast did not fix them.

psujim

join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA
reply to grantsa4

I have had Comcast service since 2005, including Internet and Phone. In that time, we have lost Cable service one time, during the major Halloween snowstorm of 2011. They have been very reliable and fast internet speeds. As others have said, I have found the techs easy to work with. I had one issue with my phone/cable modem all of a sudden not holding the connection. Tech was out the next day, identified the issue and fixed it.

I look for reliability in my products, not necessarily the cheapest option. For me, Comcast has been excellent.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

Customer of 20 years and happy.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to grantsa4

Happy except for the prices and lake of innovative technology company wide. I know the x1 is available in some markets but no nationwide.

halfband
Premium
join:2002-06-01
Huntsville, AL

The internet and tv service themselves are reliable. The internet speeds are quick, but some tv channels are over compressed.
The change to encrypted digital and lack of equipment choices from the industry has been annoying.
The nickle and dime fee approach is extremely frustrating (and comcast has the balls to run a commercial accusing the phone companies of nickle and dime service).
Phone support is hit or miss, sometimes good, sometimes useless. Chat support is generally useless.

Basically I am OK with comcast, but I don't see anywhere near the level of value in their overall product that I did in years past. Customer service has definitely dropped in quality over the years. Just like their competitors they don't come across as really seeing much need to put in any effort to keep their customers.
--
Registered Bandwidth Offender #40812

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to grantsa4

My experiences:

In my area, Comcast's TV service is not competitive with the offerings of cable companies in adjoining towns, both on pricing and channels. Comcast's HSI service is very good and is priced fair to OK.

Comcast's customer service is sketchy at best, usually pretty poor. Occasionally you'll get a customer service rep on the phone who is quite good. But that is a rarity.

Comcast's service techs who have been on my house have all been very good to excellent.

Comcast's TV pricing is all over the place. If you call Comcast multiple times, you'll get a wide range of prices.

I've been a customer of Comcast in this town since they took over the service from Teleprompter. (decades ago)

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to grantsa4

said by grantsa4:

Hi,

I wanted to get some feedback on peoples happiness with their Comcast service before I take the plunge.

So, are you happy?
How long have you been a customer?

Thanks for any feedback.

Have been a customer for more than 10 years. Love the service, have very few complaints. The only issue is the way Comcast treats long time customers. The users that get in and out get better deals than the long time customers. I have had to "play the game" with them every year to keep from paying full retail prices. I think TV is getting too expensive but that is a personal opinion. As far as our techs and the quality of service it is top notch. Hope this helps...
--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

ComcastTKR

join:2013-02-16
Littleton, CO
reply to grantsa4

I have been a Comcast Xfinity customer for 8 years. Service used to be ok til November and have been having problems ever since. Multiple calls and service requests and problems still not resolved. Calls to ask for a manager don't help. Problems with cable and internet, I'm calling tomorrow again after already having one service call earlier in the week for 2 hours and 4.5 hours 2 weeks before that. They obviously can't fix the problem. Don't do it, go elsewhere.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to grantsa4

If you're one of the lucky people who have no problems with billing or technical issues with service, then Comcast will be great. However, if there is a problem, you will have a bad time. With Comcast, the problem is always the customer's fault. Billing issue? Your fault. Technical problem? Your fault. You can bang your head on concrete and obtain the same results as trying to have a logical conversation with anyone at Comcast to discuss a problem.

But, you may be one of the many lucky people who never have a problem. Good luck!
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

CableConvert
Premium
join:2003-12-05
Atlanta, GA

So, in a nutshell...it is, until it isnt...sounds simple but very true

Fiat131

join:2005-02-13
New Castle, DE
reply to grantsa4

You are going to get contradictory answers because Comcast reliability differs in all areas of the country.
The best feedback is the one you get from your neighbors and community. I am 30 miles away from Philadelphia and still, Philadelphia has channels that I don't get.
I've had Comcast since the early nineties when they acquired Heritage, my old cable company. So far I've been happy with their service.

MSauk
MSauk
Premium
join:2002-01-17
Sandy, UT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to grantsa4

The picture quality is good at times, but not always. With DirectTV it was great all the time.

Internet speeds are fantastic. Never slow down at all for me in my area.

Phone service has been solid. No issues with call quality. My only problem is getting a number transferred over. Been almost a month now and they STILL have not moved it over from Verizon. To say I am annoyed would be putting it lightly.

The overall channel selection isn't great, but I like it so far.
--
801 Images

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

If you're one of the lucky people who have no problems with billing or technical issues with service, then Comcast will be great. However, if there is a problem, you will have a bad time. With Comcast, the problem is always the customer's fault. Billing issue? Your fault. Technical problem? Your fault. You can bang your head on concrete and obtain the same results as trying to have a logical conversation with anyone at Comcast to discuss a problem.

Or you can escalate to corporate by calling 215-665-1700 or contacting them at »www.comcast.com/customers/feedba···ult.cspx, post in the Comcast Direct forum here, or send email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and bypass the local clueless CSRs. I get stuff fixed pretty quickly that way when the local doesn't want to play ball.

logger

join:2012-06-14
Carmel, NY

said by GTFan:

Or you can escalate to corporate by calling 215-665-1700 or contacting them at »www.comcast.com/customers/feedba···ult.cspx, post in the Comcast Direct forum here, or send email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and bypass the local clueless CSRs. I get stuff fixed pretty quickly that way when the local doesn't want to play ball.

My exprience with sending email to we_can_help was more of the same ineffective customer service from Comcast. The email was forwarded to someone in the regional office who did not fix the problem.