All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

[INTERNET] Sending e-mail from Cogeco to Hotmail

The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"OU-002 (BAY0-MC1-F7) Unfortunately, messages from weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to »mail.live.com/mail/troub ··· errors."

I changed the 'to email address' and the 'IP address' to protect privacy of that person.

To any Cogeco tech out there, I will PM you the IP address if needed.
robman50

robman50

SMTP Error Code
550 OU-002

Explanation
Mail rejected by Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.
robman50

robman50

That error comes up on my mom's laptop but when I use my own desktop system and use my own email address I can send messages from my Cogeco address to my Hotmail and back to my Cogeco address. No errors what so ever.
robman50

robman50

The outgoing message would be for example 'Hi, How are you?' or when ever.
Could that system have a security issue of some kind?
pixilator
join:2003-11-28
Canada

pixilator to robman50

to robman50
Having the same problem in northeast Oakville using my desktop computer. I doubt it was the subject line, mine had to do with the first A380 to land in SFO.
robman50

robman50

I think I fixed the problem by running 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew'.

Now the emails are not being bounced back. Not to sure if its permanent or temporary.
pixilator
join:2003-11-28
Canada

pixilator to robman50

to robman50
i resent my email and it went through just fine. The error message indicated that it was a security issue between Cogeco and Hotmail. Highly unlikely that forcing a new Cogeco IP address would help.

RedMageX
join:2011-10-06
Hamilton, ON

RedMageX to robman50

to robman50
said by robman50:

I think I fixed the problem by running 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew'.

Now the emails are not being bounced back. Not to sure if its permanent or temporary.

Guaranteed that has nothing to do with it. From what I understand dealing with it also, it's at Hotmail's end. Called into support and they confirmed that Hotmail based systems aren't accepting cogeco.ca emails from their end.

I bet it's probably due to enough people getting caught by the latest phishing attempts that have been going around

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to robman50

Premium Member

to robman50
Been about 13 or so days here, still can't email people with hotmail.com, live.com, live.ca, outlook.com, etc. addresses and it's rather frustrating.

Any update Cogeco?
robman50

robman50

So it is happening to others. That is good to know. I thought I had a virus or something.

Just a wild thought but try to make your router 'renew' the IP address, also try running ipconfig in Windows with the /renew switch.
Worked for me. I don't get it but what ever. lol

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

You changed your IP address when you did that to a different subnet, in a range that's not blocked by Microsoft.

nolive
@cgocable.net

nolive to robman50

Anon

to robman50
I'm suffering in the CIDR range 216.221.64.0/19 as of yesterday.
robman50

robman50

any luck?