Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

Frontpage 2000 opens local copy when choosing Edit from IE

Ja, I know... we are in the dark ages. FP 2K on XP/SP3 with IE7. I gave a user a fresh build of XP on a new computer. When she has the page loaded in IE7 and wants to edit the page, some pages open properly from the server with http in the URL but others open up with C:\Documents and Settings\... in the path.

I've tried to get my user to open Frontpage and navigate to the file she wants to edit but she doesn't have a clue where the file is and insists on browsing to it in IE. Her old computer with IE6 didn't have this problem.

Anyone know of a fix?
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

can she copy and paste that page link in Frontpage File/Open Web ? What is she trying to edit, some of her projects?

Cudni

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

She refuses to use any work-around so essentially it needs to work on her new computer as it did on her old one. I have seen this problem first hand on one of my previous computers and I just worked around the issue at the time. I don't know if changing up the version of IE or FP would fix it but my next step is to give her IE8. I have a FP 2002 license that I could give her but she's such a rote learner that she'll hound me with "how do I..." calls if I do.

I'd love to give her back her old computer and wash my hands of the problem. As it was, knowing she is high maintenance, I left her computer to be one of the last ones to upgrade. She's driving me nuts with the volume of support calls.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey