dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
abcjak
join:2012-12-18

abcjak to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs

Re: Voltage - still no cease and desist letter?

said by MaynardKrebs:

We don't know if the MPAA is shoveling money to Voltage in order to fund the case against these 'evil' Canadians.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was happening. What's $500k-$1MM in legal costs now in order to open up Canada to wild west extortion in perpetuity by US interests? Think the long game people.

This is exactly what i was saying to a co-worker. His point was "who cares about the Voltage situation and the case because their movies are crappy" He is so short sighted and said it so smugly it made me angry. Don't you think other music/movie/software companies are watching this and most likely taking some early steps at setting up to be next in line if Voltage get's a win in any sense?
shepd
join:2004-01-17
Kitchener, ON

shepd

said by abcjak:

This is exactly what i was saying to a co-worker. His point was "who cares about the Voltage situation and the case because their movies are crappy" He is so short sighted and said it so smugly it made me angry. Don't you think other music/movie/software companies are watching this and most likely taking some early steps at setting up to be next in line if Voltage get's a win in any sense?

Ask him why he thinks that if the movie is of higher quality it deserves less "protection" than a movie of lower quality? Yeah, I mean it that way around. Obviously, if he will only complain about litigation on a high quality movie, he means only high quality movies are deserving of some free piracy.