Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Winty03

join:2013-02-15

Centralizing all structured wire in home

I am building a new home and have been considering centralizing all structured wiring into the 19" rack. I found/was looking at this post..

»Splitting Coax (F-Type RG6) 16-Way Preferably Rack-Mounted?

Couple of questions or looking for some insight...

I understand all the phone line come in and are punched into a standard 110 patch panel then is patched up into a modified 110 patch panel (jumping all pins across the back of the patch panel to connect all ports) with that being said, how is the incoming phone service connect in? Does it just get punched into the modified patch panel on top of the jumper wires?

2nd with the RG6 patch panel, I am assuming the runs come into the back of the panel and connect....where does the distribution occur? Do you have to run each F connector of the front of the panel to a amp/splitter?

jeffmoss26

join:2002-07-22
Beachwood, OH
I did a similar patch panel install several years back. What I did was leave a few feet of jumper wire coming off the first jack and spliced that into the cable from the demarc. Easy!

As far as the coax goes, you will need splitters/amps etc. which connect to the front connectors. I've never done patch panels for coax, it all seems to get jumbled up by the cable company anyway.

Hope this helps.