spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BHNUser

@bhn.net

And those with phone?

They won't enable Customer owned units for the phone service requiring a separate device... aaaa no thanks! So NO CHOICE FOR US!

Why??? Be specific.. none of this techno mumbo jumbo!

Really starting to make Fios worth the effort to change...

pros
higher speed
better price v. speed (which is the reason for the speed upgrade)

cons
port 25 blocked unless you get static

Only interested in data and/or phone...

And the BHN "rep" here... well I can tell you right now if that was my official rep on this site for MY company... I would be ashamed and TERMINATED HIM!

Can't not tell you how many times I wanted to reach through the monitor after reading posts... like the bit about DBS not eating their lunch and Fios as well on my street alone 10 houses, 10 DBS users, the only BH service to any of them is either data or voice, or both.. NO VIDEO! I see more DBS dishes on houses as I drive by than I can count...

Oh remember, BH, its just a shell on paper for TWC ... thats why TWC intervened(s) in situations... regardless of Mr. BHNReps .. looks divested and separate on cursory review... dig deeper... Advanced/Newhouse... some of us are not that stupid!

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Drop phone service already. That seems to be the end result.

VoIP is nothing but easy profit for them anyway.

People need landlines like they need holes in their head at this point.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
said by Os:

Drop phone service already. That seems to be the end result.

VoIP is nothing but easy profit for them anyway.

People need landlines like they need holes in their head at this point.

If I didn't have my 80 year-old mother-in-law living here, I'd have ditched the landline already.

That being said, I am awaiting the call back so I can start using my own modem/router combo.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to BHNUser
said by BHNUser :

They won't enable Customer owned units for the phone service requiring a separate device... aaaa no thanks! So NO CHOICE FOR US!

This is a good time to switch voip services to a carrier such as Ooma.. sure you pay taxes and fees, but the price of the service amortizes over 6 - 18 months depeding on the cost of your previous carrier (based on the price of the device). Also letting the cable company know that their higher fees are the reason why you got rid of their voip service.

NYTPA

@bhn.net
reply to BHNUser
You have to remember that Dishes stay on the top of houses even when service is disconnected. So yes, most people at some point have had DBS but that does not mean that they all currently have it. I would be absolutely shocked if a street of 10 houses all subscribed to DBS and not a one subscribed to Brighthouse or Verizon