join:2012-05-29
reply to Acejam2k

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

When is this update supposed to happen?

ChrisUK

join:2008-08-28
Falls Church, VA

1 edit

I called Fios Technical Support at about 1:00pm to ask for a Rev I to replace my Rev C. He initially wanted me to go to my nearest Fios store, but eventually agreed to ship a new router via UPS on the understanding that there was no guarantee it would be a Rev I.

I was therefore somewhat surprised when a Verizon van pulled into my driveway at 6:00pm and a technician bought a new router to my door. It was a Rev I. He had installed it and left 10 minutes later. Woo hoo!

Update: I just received an automated phone message saying that my new router has been shipped by UPS, so I'll probably end up with 2!

Chris

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY

said by ChrisUK:

I was therefore somewhat surprised when a Verizon van pulled into my driveway at 6:00pm and a technician bought a new router to my door. It was a Rev I. He had installed it and left 10 minutes later. Woo hoo!

Update: I just received an automated phone message saying that my new router has been shipped by UPS, so I'll probably end up with 2!

Did the Verizon guy take the old one back with him? The one you receive via UPS will have a return label for you to send the old router back.

I guess this happened a month ago, so what did happen?

ChrisUK

join:2008-08-28
Falls Church, VA

The Verizon guy took the Rev C away. The one I received via UPS included a note saying it was not necessary to return the old router.

Chris

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY

1 edit

Interesting, I just got a Rev I today and have to send the old one back.

BTW I just checked my firmware and there was an update. Why would Verizon send out a router that did not have the most current firmware on it? It's not like it just came out last week (or month)!

Sadly, it has not fixed my slow upload problem.