Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] Cogeco ATPIA migration - done

said by TSI Marc:

No, we dont grandfather. It wouldn't be fair for others. We've never done that. What you see is always what you get with us.

Tell that to our company, which is stuck on a grandfathered 15/10 price that is roughly the same price as 25/10 costs, but can't get 25/10 because we were told by TekSavvy that Bell would demand full new-install activation fees and tech visits for a simple profile change.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

We have a grandfathered 15/10 price? We don't even have a way to do that in our billing system.

I'll get the guys to look into this either way.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to Guspaz

Hmm? I don't see 15/10 on their site. Only 15/1. Bell's site shows 15/10 25/10 50/10 for me.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

3 edits
reply to TSI Marc

It was a special order of a 15/10 residential VDSL2 dry loop, made on a business account in the interim FTTN tariff days. When the final tariffs came around, the interim 15/10 price we were paying turned out to be overpriced (only $2 less than 25/10), but when I recently tried to get it switched to 25/10 (reasoning our line was capable and we're paying almost that much anyhow), that's when I got the news that we would have to pay $114 in activation fees, pre-pay the first month of usage on the "new" service, and schedule two technician visits. For a simple profile change (which should cost us only $25 for the speed change fee).

We don't desperately need the 25 meg speeds or anything, it's just that I was annoyed at paying as much as a significantly faster service, and then getting into the ridiculous scenario where I can't touch the profile speed without incurring huge costs is absurd and frustrating. The fact that we haven't received an automated invoice in well over a year despite multiple calls to complain is also frustrating, although I can't guarantee that's not our mail server's fault. It worked fine when I called to have the invoices sent manually, though.

The company name for the account is "Quebec Anime Committee".

EDIT: Anybody who thinks residential broadband is overpriced should talk to the Palais des Congres de Montreal, which charges us $2000 per 3 days for a 5 megabit connection :P
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Ah, I see what you're saying.. grandfathered by the CRTC changes...

We should have something soon for you too.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to TSI Marc

Glad to hear you're making headway. Keep up the good work!

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to Guspaz

Guspaz is that company/forum yours? I can't read french but I watch anime pretty cool.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

Not entirely mine, there's seven of us on the board of directors, but yes.

Our site and convention are fully bilingual, although our 2013 site is not up yet (you can view our previous years using the dropdown at the lower right corner of the splashpage, and they're all available in English). Staff write content in whatever language they like and then our translation department produces the translated version. I think most of our content is written in English, but a good chunk starts out in French. The convention was founded by the anime club of an English university, after all.
--

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1

any eta for rogers

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

For additional clarity... The rates I posted earlier today are the exact same rates we have had up and available for a year or two in Chatham.

i.e. We always had unlimited...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

RizzleQ

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

I am definitely interested in beta testing!

jmarlatt2

join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Are we able to pick up the D3 modems at the teksavvy office? I am currently on a D2 modem and wouldnt mind the free speed upgrade

I am in Chatham.

RizzleQ

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
kudos:2

Yes, you can pick up any hardware purchased from Teksavvy at the Chatham office during their regular business hours. (8am to 5pm M-F)

ghorticus72

join:2007-09-12
Chatham, ON

Does this include Chatham as well? I'm on 14/1 and would love to upgrade to 30 meg. How much for the D3 modem?

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Is there any charge for a speed change? My service was officially activated on Thursday of this week for 14/1, I am receiving 14/2 (not 20/2), but would like the 30/2 now that it's available.

Viral

join:2011-09-10
Windsor, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Do you have a D3 Modem?

As Marc mentioned, if you have a D2 modem you'll only see the 14/2.

said by TSI Marc:

The primary issue is that most existing users have a D2 modem. So, those on 14 with a D2 modem will only get 16 meg speeds but if you upgrade to a D3 modem, you'll get the 20 meg speeds automatically. Same deal with the 16 meg.. but instead we will upgrade you to 30 meg if you choose to replace your D2 modem... i.e. there was no point in us migrating you ahead of time since, if you have a D2 modem on the 30 meg plan, you still only get 16meg...

EDIT: Fixed my Fail

Bugblndr

Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Viral:

Do you have a D3 Modem?

As Marc mentioned, if you have a D2 modem you'll only see the 14/2.

said by TSI Marc:

The primary issue is that most existing users have a D2 modem. So, those on 14 with a D2 modem will only get 16 meg speeds but if you upgrade to a D3 modem, you'll get the 20 meg speeds automatically. Same deal with the 16 meg.. but instead we will upgrade you to 30 meg if you choose to replace your D2 modem... i.e. there was no point in us migrating you ahead of time since, if you have a D2 modem on the 30 meg plan, you still only get 16meg...

EDIT: Fixed my Fail

Yes, I made sure to get a D3.

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4
reply to Bugblndr

No charges to change speed package on Cable.

Paul

maycribb

join:2012-12-16
Markham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I am using CABLE 28 now. Can I sign up for the beta testing? If so I would like to.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

You would need to be on a Cogeco footprint not Rogers.

Martin

drawtheline

join:2013-02-18
Dundas, ON

I live in Dundas (Cogeco area), would I be able to jump on this?

Bugblndr

Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by drawtheline:

I live in Dundas (Cogeco area), would I be able to jump on this?

If you can get Cogeco internet, then yes you can.

eots

join:2003-02-04
reply to TSI Marc

Why does the TSI web site say "Oops! We were unable to find a product that matches your postal code" for a friend who has Cogeco cable internet?

Bugblndr

Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by eots:

Why does the TSI web site say "Oops! We were unable to find a product that matches your postal code" for a friend who has Cogeco cable internet?

Since they are still in beta, the website doesn't recognize Cogeco areas. If they have Cogeco internet, they can get TSI Cable internet on these plans.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit

said by Bugblndr:

said by eots:

Since they are still in beta, the website doesn't recognize Cogeco areas. If they have Cogeco internet, they can get TSI Cable internet on these plans.

AFAIK, those who were pre-accepted into Beta (through DSLR forums and IMs) were issued and instructed to enter a Chatham postal code to [see the packages and] begin the order process, and then submit their real info once inside the order system, yes ?

drawtheline

join:2013-02-18
Dundas, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Is there a way for me get in on the beta?

Bugblndr

Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

AFAIK, those who were pre-accepted into Beta (through DSLR forums and IMs) were issued and instructed to enter a Chatham postal code to begin the order process, and then submit their real info once inside the order system, yes ?

Correct, a Chatham postal code to see the packages (which are now upgraded). For my ordering I did everything over Direct forum / IM / Email and not through their order system.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to TSI Marc

So how long did it take for the TSI ATPIA migration for Cogeco cable?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

it's difficult to tell.. it's been in the works for a few months..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

theburner3

join:2008-04-06
Lindsay, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I'd like to sign-up for the beta!